Jungle Rush Coaster

mattcrombie

2 hours ago, New display name said:

On the edge you say?

I don't have inside knowledge of the exact arrangement of the site. It looks like there's a shed wall directly behind the machine, so it does seem like it might be on the edge of the building, yes. 

I'm sure anyone who thinks Dreamworld has flouted WH&S will have already contacted WorkCover Queensland to dob them in.

1 hour ago, New display name said:

And before people get out their swords, I'm only asking the question.  I'm not saying DW did anything wrong.

It's a fair assumption they've done things by the book unless there is reason or suggestion that they haven't. If nobody can provide proof that they have flouted regulations, it's fair to assume they did the right thing by WH&S obligations as well as the welfare of the child. If this were an adult talent - would we be asking the same question?

Asking a question myself - this can't be the first time filming of progress has occurred on a construction site - plenty of media out there giving updates on everything from cross river rail to Wizard of Oz - Does the child have to complete their site induction or is the supervising parent (who is themselves employed onsite) sufficient to ensure the child is supervised and doesn't enter high risk areas? 

19 minutes ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

I don't have inside knowledge of the exact arrangement of the site. It looks like there's a shed wall directly behind the machine, so it does seem like it might be on the edge of the building, yes. 

F#*k, your edge is the size of the universe.

SHE IS IN THE BUILDING!

"No officer, I didn't break into the house, I was only at the edge".   🤣

Edited by New display name

I didn't claim she wasn't in the building. it's clear several shots are within, but they all appear to have been *just* inside the doors \ walls. the edge of the building could be defined, really, as being in a room that has an external wall, or on the outside of the same room adjacent to the wall. 

Would you get to an actual point? have they breached something in your mind? did they do something wrong? or are you making a lot of assumptions and mudslinging because you've got nothing better to do when you're not staring at yourself in a mirror?

I think it is safe to assume the site manager has a white card, this quote from the NSW government makes it quote clear that, you don't need a white card to be on a construction site. If you're building a home are you then not allowed to go on the site to look things over because you don't have a white card?

Screenshot_20240918-152917.png

8 minutes ago, Aw hype said:

Anyone reckon this will be at least soft opened by early December? Booked a trip over naively thinking this an WOO would be open.

I mean, no one knows the answer to that - probably not even DW at this point. I certainly wouldn’t be counting on early Dec however. 

16 hours ago, Themepark Enthusist said:

If you're building a home are you then not allowed to go on the site to look things over because you don't have a white card?

Because you don't have a white card? no.

Because clause 25.0-25.4 of the standard HIA contract you signed with the builder prevents you from accessing the site without providing 24 hours' written notice to the builder and complying with the builder's WH&S requirements means you can't just decide to 'look things over' without clearing it with the site manager \ builder's representative first? yes.

And yes, I know many home buyers love to go and walk through and take photos of their new home under construction, and most of the time, it's no skin of the builder's nose to look the other way, as long as they're passive observers and not obstructing the works or causing issues while on site - but the clause is there, and enforceable, and pernickety clients can be breached if they're making the builder's task difficult, not to mention people allowing their kids to go running around the unfinished house in thongs or barefoot is just asking for trouble and is precisely why owners aren't allowed to just waltz onto the site whenever they feel like it.

(To be clear, for the avoidance of doubt, i'm referring to residential construction, which of course has several differences to commercial works, but the text quoted at the top of this reply specifically asked about building a home, and that is what I have responded to) 

11 hours ago, Themepark Enthusist said:

Considering it was taken straight from a government website I would say it is relatable lmao

the site says that people who need a white card 'include'. it does not limit the list to only those dot points. it does not exclude all others. the fact that the site gives a few examples doesn't mean that others don't need it, it only outlines those who specifically do. 

A builder could require that all persons on site hold one. while not legislatively required, the builder can set their own WH&S requirements if they've conducted a risk assessment and reasonably concluded a risk mitigation is required. I've seen sites that don't allow Orange hi-vis and specifically requires everyone to wear yellow hi-vis. Turned out many vehicles occupying the site were a similar colour and the orange hi-vis didn't stand out.

There's a lot of complexity involved and some things are unique to sites - which is why i was asking what point was being made - but I guess we'll all just have to accept on blind faith the suggestion new display name is implying because he knows something we don't...

13 hours ago, Michelangelo said:

They’ll be aiming for 15 December. Obviously there are too many variables for that date atm, particularly registration and commissioning.

It looks like DW have a lot of work to go before opening.  I've penciled in boxing day for the grand opening, with a slight chance of a soft opening.