Movie World Scheduled Maintenance 2024

themagician

19 hours ago, Tricoart said:

To be clear, it also states that an audible noise doesn't mean safety is directly impeded, but it is an obvious marker that the ARB's need attention.

It took me a hot minute to figure out ARB was referring to Anti Roll Back device, and it is obvious to me that my vocabulary is no longer on fleek.

10 hours ago, TV15 said:

My guess is that Movie World has ordered the necessary part from Mack Rides, but given the recent serious ride issues that VRTP Theme Parks has been experiencing, I wonder why they haven’t just swapped Train 1 with Train 2 to avoid guests becoming paranoid that the ride will break down, because it turns everyone's head in the queue.

There's a really good chance if the park isn't running the second train, it's getting some level of work done to it - teardown \ rebuilds are constantly happening in the park maintenance area - gone are the days where the train in the maintenance bay could be whipped out whenever a significant line formed unless the maintenance team had planned very carefully for the second train to be available (which is why 2 train ops by default rarely happens outside of peak holiday periods regardless of how busy the park is).

(Personally I like the click clack sound that accompanies a traditional lift hill, and honestly wouldn't have even realised something was different without it being pointed out.)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

which is why 2 train ops by default rarely happens outside of peak holiday periods regardless of how busy the park is).

@ MW  @SW                        

I've visited DW, outside of holidays and seen 2 trains running on ST.

I've bee to MW during a sold out night night event and only seen 1 train running on Rivals.

Can confirm Dreamworld tends to have ST's second train available to deploy fairly often. I've seen them whip out the second train when the line got a bit long on a reasonably off-peak weekend.

That said though, it's not like they have multiple multi-train coasters to manage, whereas until WOZ opens, every coaster at MW has multiple trains. Rebuilds do take time. I'd love to say that it's just bad luck that the second train you want them to put on is being rebuilt, but theres too many coincidences for that to ALWAYS be the case.

• Like 1

the park was running both trains on Rivals yesterday, however only one of the trains had the loud clanking noise going up the lift hill. they were testing the ride consistently both early in the morning and then again late at night so i’m sure they’re trying to fix the issue.

Edited by Levi

12 hours ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

gone are the days where the train in the maintenance bay could be whipped out whenever a significant line formed unless the maintenance team had planned very carefully for the second train to be available (which is why 2 train ops by default rarely happens outside of peak holiday periods regardless of how busy the park is).

They aren't completely gone, or at least I'd like to think so. Back in the days when the park opened at 9:30am during White Christmas events, DC Rivals would open with the park at 9:30, but only with one train. Later in the day, the ride would go down briefly while they added a second train. This happened twice when I visited the park on a weekday during the 2023 event, and I’d assume the same thing would happen for Fright Nights.

10 hours ago, New display name said:

I've been to MW during a sold out night night event and only seen 1 train running on Rivals.

Was it a private event? 

10 hours ago, New display name said:

MW/SW staff struggle enough with one train, let alone 2.  That is why I believe it's a rare sight to see 2 trains running.  In my eyes, they have conceded, and the 2nd trains are primary for maintenance replacements.

I don’t like sticking up for VRTP, but I think the multiple train situation mainly comes down to staffing — both attraction attendants and maintenance personnel. On busy days, especially for rides like SE, the lack of staff is likely why there’s only one train running due to evacuation reasons. However, outside of those situations, it just feels like plain laziness. Long queues shouldn’t be unnecessarily long, and when they have the ability to cut wait times practically in half by using a second train, it should be done. VRTP loves making money, and if they get people out of the queues, it means more time for guests to spend money at one of the hundreds of shops in the park.

11 hours ago, TV15 said:

They aren't completely gone, or at least I'd like to think so. Back in the days when the park opened at 9:30am during White Christmas events, DC Rivals would open with the park at 9:30, but only with one train. Later in the day, the ride would go down briefly while they added a second train. This happened twice when I visited the park on a weekday during the 2023 event, and I’d assume the same thing would happen for Fright Nights.

If you read very carefully, you'll note that I said:

11 hours ago, TV15 said:

unless the maintenance team had planned very carefully for the second train to be available (which is why 2 train ops by default rarely happens outside of peak holiday periods

You can rest assured that Fright nights and Christmas events would have been planned for by the maintenance team to have the trains available - I was referring to times that weren't peak periods:

11 hours ago, TV15 said:

where the train in the maintenance bay could be whipped out whenever a significant line formed

11 hours ago, TV15 said:

Was it a private event? 

Highly unlikely if the event was sold out.

11 hours ago, TV15 said:

I don’t like sticking up for VRTP, but I think the multiple train situation mainly comes down to staffing

They've had staffing woes for several years now. It may be an ongoing thing, but if they're still battling with an inability to recruit and retain good staff - this is no longer an issue with recruitment, it's an issue with culture.