Is it possible we could be having a Beetlejuice house this year? Movie World have being posting the trailer on their account, which they don’t usually do for other WB movies. Also when someone asked they said this:

8853EB6F-F039-4564-9A04-78D81DCBB0EC.thumb.jpeg.91f08a1bcc4b2f4fc445b766f1f4e39f.jpeg

6 hours ago, TBoy said:

Is it possible we could be having a Beetlejuice house this year? Movie World have being posting the trailer on their account, which they don’t usually do for other WB movies. Also when someone asked they said this:

8853EB6F-F039-4564-9A04-78D81DCBB0EC.thumb.jpeg.91f08a1bcc4b2f4fc445b766f1f4e39f.jpeg

they do post quite a few trailers for WB Movies, Beetlejuice is a character they have out for Hooray for Hollywood which will return in either the September school holidays or at the end of the year, so that’s probably what they meant.

let’s just pray DCeased doesn’t return this year so we get 3 new good mazes.

6 hours ago, TBoy said:

I can confirm we are indeed getting a Beetlejuice Maze this year, since the other day, I did saw a tiny little bit of the inside of the show building where the Showcase was, and there was a theming piece of the Dante's Inferno Room from the movie.

1 hour ago, Levi said:

let’s just pray DCeased doesn’t return this year

I’m sure it will be, but hopefully they improve it. The park has been known to improve on some pages in previous years when they return if there were things that weren’t working. In saying that, there has been years when bad mazes haven’t been changed at all, or good mazes have been adjusted to make them not as good. Fingers crossed though.

1 hour ago, Rydah Hi said:

I can confirm we are indeed getting a Beetlejuice Maze this year, since the other day, I did saw a tiny little bit of the inside of the show building where the Showcase was, and there was a theming piece of the Dante's Inferno Room from the movie.

This is very exciting!

• Like 1

After last year it would take something new and unexpected to consider going (and not just a Beetlejuice maze). Having had to pay last year for the first time in many years (with memberships losing access) and finding it the poorest both organisationally and engagingly in years as well, it’s left a real sour taste in my mouth 

• Like 2

it makes me wonder what the maze set up this year will be, they could easily fit six if they wanted too. DCeased in the intencity building, Beetlejuice in showcase, then keep Hellship and Circurse in the same shed with either one big maze in the Conjuring building, or two like previous years. 

I just hope if Beetlejuice is happening, they don’t go too far into the Comedy to where it gets goofy.

On 20/07/2024 at 7:05 AM, Rydah Hi said:

Just wanna come back to this, I'm thinking now that it may not be a Maze, but rather a Studio Showcase, but I don't know at this time, since I was confident in thinking it's a New Maze, but I'm thinking less about it now.

• 2 weeks later...
On 20/07/2024 at 10:59 AM, Levi said:

it makes me wonder what the maze set up this year will be, they could easily fit six if they wanted too. DCeased in the intencity building, Beetlejuice in showcase, then keep Hellship and Circurse in the same shed with either one big maze in the Conjuring building, or two like previous years. 

I just hope if Beetlejuice is happening, they don’t go too far into the Comedy to where it gets goofy.

It will be 5 mazes again, I would be happy with 4 if they were the length/quality of many years past.

2 hours ago, Park Addict 93 said:

I would be happy with 4

They really need as many as they can to reduce queue times IMO, I've personally never done more than 1 in a night because I actually want to get on rides and they aren't worth paying extra for the skip the queue

3 hours ago, Narra said:

They really need as many as they can to reduce queue times IMO, I've personally never done more than 1 in a night because I actually want to get on rides and they aren't worth paying extra for the skip the queue

Never understood why people do the rides, or at least prioritise them, on FN. the mazes are there just for the event, the rides are always there. WC is the better event for getting on night rides 

3 hours ago, Narra said:

I've personally never done more than 1

Every time I’ve ever gone to Fright Nights (probably about 8 years I’ve been) I’ve always managed to do every maze at least once without any fast track. And some years I’ve been able to do at least one ride.

3 hours ago, Narra said:

I actually want to get on rides

You should go to White Christmas then, or visit the park during the Heroes and Villains event because the parks open a little longer and it’s dark before the park closes (because it’s winter).

• Like 1

Fright Night is better for night rides to me because of the mazes, they draw a lot of the crowd. Dusk is not the same as riding properly at night, the sun has not completely set at 5pm even in winter. Also with Sea World & Dreamworld also running night events on Halloween its even quicker than White Christmas where only MW is open.

21 hours ago, themagician said:

I’ve always managed to do every maze at least once without any fast track

I'm not saying it isn't possible, just that I have no interest in standing in line for that long to walk through a dark foggy building (maybe if my eyes were better it would be more enjoyable). More power to you if that's your thing

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Narra said:

Fright Night is better for night rides to me because of the mazes, they draw a lot of the crowd. Dusk is not the same as riding properly at night, the sun has not completely set at 5pm even in winter. Also with Sea World & Dreamworld also running night events on Halloween its even quicker than White Christmas where only MW is open.

this seems to make sense in theory, but i've always found that the big thrill rides aren't as popular at WC because the event is mostly frequented by younger families. Scooby always gets slammed because of the target demographic but the DC corner isn't as busy as it is during FN, IMO.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

this seems to make sense in theory, but i've always found that the big thrill rides aren't as popular at WC because the event is mostly frequented by younger families. Scooby always gets slammed because of the target demographic but the DC corner isn't as busy as it is during FN, IMO.

I agree. A couple of times, SM has been walk ons for me at WC which never happens otherwise.

On 05/08/2024 at 5:06 PM, Narra said:

With a general admission, last year we did all 3 of the mazes twice (Hellship we did 6 times as my son loved the theme and then he did it twice solo, and DCeased once as we felt it was the weakest). Also managed to do DC, Batwing and Superman as well as having an hour to wander around watching the street scarers. Just have to prioritise the main mazes first and then hit the lesser ones later in the night.

The main maze page of the website clearly has all 5 previous mazes from last year too, honestly I had low expectations based on declining standards year on year but this is still surprising.

IMG_0536.thumb.jpeg.5780ab3cf31e9293833ecb1c710833b7.jpeg
I don’t think it’s a mistake considering there is death row imagery used in conjunction with the new marketing style for tickets/one pass.

IMG_2282.thumb.jpeg.18abba53e16bd81a22b261b78a256021.jpeg

It appears based on this Beetlejuice will be at the event, but without a maze or zone this certainly isn’t a huge draw card in my opinion.

last year both Death Row and The Conjuring had a note mentioning that it’s their last years at the park, but in the updated website they are gone so i wonder if they are both returning.

However, some years this happens then they start their maze announcements and the old ones are removed, so who knows. however, Beetlejuice is getting its own maze from what i’ve heard and what people here have seen.

also, i’m not sure what this exactly is but the new WB horror encounter experiences looks really promising. it includes The Exorcist, The Conjuring 2 “villains” Valak and The Crooked Man, as well as Pennywise.

IMG_1923.thumb.jpeg.ac1bc78f1e9998414b43f329e9acd6fe.jpeg

Edited by Levi
  • Like 1