1 hour ago, New display name said:

Your opinion has no weight to it.  Just meaningless words.

I say the same thing about most of what you post, but that in itself is an opinion, isn't it?

If you were giving them a pass you would go.

Dapto would say, “The mazes line up are the same, but I'm going anyway".  That is a pass.

I'm not going because I don't want to redo the mazes, I have already done.  That is not a pass.

If I had experienced any of the mazes in previous years, sure - but I haven't been in any of them, nor do I have plans to go this year, so my opinion is not based on having already done the mazes or not. And i'm still entitled to the opinion whether I attend the event or not or whether you think so or not.

I never said, you said, they are reducing funding.  I'm saying that.

Dusting off what you already have and not spending money on a new Maze is cost cutting.  Everything else besides a BJ costume, MW already have in the shed. 

And what I said was - I had heard they're putting the funds into other elements of the event. So costs have not been cut, they've been reallocated. It's also bold of you to claim that they've got everything in the shed when you haven't seen the full event lineup yet.

Despite all of this, and at the risk of sounding like a broken record - I honestly hope this bites them. I hope that no new mazes sees lower interest in the event and it hurts them in the hip pocket so that they learn a lesson. I'd love for that lesson to be felt more broadly across the company rather than being limited to this specific event only - it's a lesson that's long been overdue in coming.

But as I said - I'd heard they were investing in other parts of the event - and if that is the case then I give them a pass on the mazes - they obviously have confidence that the same mazes will be popular - or they're going to learn an expensive lesson. If there is no marked improvement in the other parts of the event and the same mazes then the pass doesn't apply.

@DaptoFunlandGuy I see nothing besides the BJ costume, MW is spending money on.  If MW have diverted money from the mazes into other areas, they aren't telling us about it.  The new Horror Encounters look like reused props.   MW hasn't mentioned any upgrades to the current mazes, just they are returning.

You should know, hearing things, doesn't cut it around here.  The other day @Leviheard BJ maze was a thing.

On 14/08/2024 at 3:31 PM, Levi said:

i believe they just haven’t updated the maze line up, from people who have audition for positions i’ve heard a Beetlejuice maze is happening so who knows. we’ll find out when they start posting announcements im guessing tonight.

Just chiming in to say that this is truly a joke.

I don't think I'll attend this year's event. This is the first year since the event's inception that I have missed attending, except for when I was overseas one year.

I am sure many are in the same boat. I agree with others in saying I hope this bites Village and they learn that MOST people attend these events for the MAZES predominantly.

• Like 3
  • Love it! 2

On 16/8/2024 at 1:02 PM, BNErider said:

I don't think I'll attend this year's event

I hope most people have the same mind set so the park realises they can’t do this bullshit. The lack of effort is embarrassing. I know a lot still goes into creating this event, but not really offering anything new (especially no new mazes) is what I have an issue with.

• Like 3
  • Love it! 2

On 16/08/2024 at 12:23 PM, New display name said:

I see nothing besides the BJ costume, MW is spending money on.  If MW have diverted money from the mazes into other areas, they aren't telling us about it.

Well you know what they say about fools and incomplete jobs.

On 16/08/2024 at 12:23 PM, New display name said:

You should know, hearing things, doesn't cut it around here.

I'd like to think that i've got a little more cred, but you can take it how you like it.

7 hours ago, themagician said:

I hope most people have the same mind set so the park realises they can’t do this bullshit. The lack of effort is embarrassing. I know a lot still goes into creating this event, but not really offering anything new (especially no new mazes) is what I have an issue with.

yeah i'm not convinced but the proof will be in the pudding.

On 14/08/2024 at 10:49 PM, Tricoart said:

Private Equity: Where Creativity Goes To Die

Quoted for truth/accuracy.

836808E6-9922-4EA6-B740-861BCB5C1C31_1_105_c.thumb.jpeg.27cd9d0abbff2e017300d16bd4c3ac15.jpeg

The park is looking shocking in many areas, this DCR rivals theming panel has been missing since Feb

The park has had new mazes and upkeep while spending on major attractions (Atlantis, Rivals ect.) so "they are building 2 coasters" is not a pass from me for not investing in new FN mazes.

On 16/08/2024 at 11:59 AM, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

I had heard they're putting the funds into other elements of the event.

I have been told the same, but I will believe it when I see it. I genuinely hope there is a significant drawcard yet to be announced. A large show utilising the HWSD arena would fit the bill, its been over 10 years since they had a major Halloween show... Circus of the Damned was excellent.

520506529_Screenshot2024-08-18at3_39_11PM.thumb.png.6d4d77b35dcf17539a2059ac75dbe3a8.png

Beetlejuice Encounter has been added to the Entertainment Schedule, dashing anyone's hopes there was more to him at the event than a meet and greet.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Park Addict 93 said:

836808E6-9922-4EA6-B740-861BCB5C1C31_1_105_c.thumb.jpeg.27cd9d0abbff2e017300d16bd4c3ac15.jpeg

The park is looking shocking in many areas, this DCR rivals theming panel has been missing since Feb

The park has had new mazes and upkeep while spending on major attractions (Atlantis, Rivals ect.) so "they are building 2 coasters" is not a pass from me for not investing in new FN mazes.

Honestly, the sooner BGH release their grip on Village the better. The way they’re constantly cutting back and running the parks into the ground is unforgivable. 

2 hours ago, Noll_57 said:

Honestly, the sooner BGH release their grip on Village the better. The way they’re constantly cutting back and running the parks into the ground is unforgivable. 

The only way it seems that could happen ATP is if either Village is no longer deemed profitable enough for BGH & they sell their stake to another company/private equity or place it back on the public market, or their changes to Village drive it into the ground before completing an exit strategy is an option. The best outcome is that they do exit somehow, and Village picks/is given a good choice for a new buyer if applicable. But I don't believe Village would've gone with BGH if it didn't need to, either through being solid enough alone to not facilitate a buyout in the first place, or through being presented with a better buyout option than private equity, so a Village sans-BGH may simply not exist. All that can be done to up the chances of a non-BGH future is just to not contribute to their profits, like the 'vote with your wallets' sentiment mentioned earlier but with even less possible impact by individuals, so that the idea of an exit strategy is at least floated, and then hoping that one is chosen that suits better than BGH does.

Til then, all I'd expect to come is more glorified storage areas & excess monetization wherever possible (Village Key 2: Now with Beetlejuice!)

Edited by Tricoart