Sea World Spooky Nights 2024

27 minutes ago, New display name said:

I'm still waiting on the part where people are public denouncing DW, for not changing it up.

Ohhh, right. gotcha. You must have missed the reply that I quoted when I said the thing. 

14 hours ago, Michelangelo said:

DW turned on an event where 98% is the exact same as last year

ONE THREE DOUBLE-O!

I've placed the unedited version for you. ;)

14 hours ago, Michelangelo said:

Granted, DW turned on an event where 98% is the exact same as last year, but it still drew a crowd and was a great night out with plenty to see and do.

Again I say:

51 minutes ago, New display name said:

I'm still waiting on the part where people are public denouncing DW, for not changing it up.

4 hours ago, New display name said:

I’m still waiting for what “premium” feature SW had that DW didn’t…

or, what it was that DW lacked this year?

Both parks put on a night that was largely 95%+ the same as year prior.

I can’t see where your gripe against DW has come from

6 hours ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

I mean, if you listen to some folk here, so did Movie World, so i'm not sure why Dreamworld is being decried for it.

Yeah in fairness to DW, I should’ve also noted that SW put on an event 98% the same as well.

Why do I need to repeat myself.  What DW put on, is what I expect a child's school fete.

17 minutes ago, Michelangelo said:

I’m still waiting for what “premium” feature SW had that DW didn’t…

I'm sure you can work it out.   On second thoughts.................

image.thumb.png.4ce6e274c981482a694cc9da757f0a95.png

1 hour ago, New display name said:

Why do I need to repeat myself.  What DW put on, is what I expect a child's school fete.

I'm sure you can work it out.   On second thoughts.................

image.thumb.png.4ce6e274c981482a694cc9da757f0a95.png

Damnnnn what kind of school fetes do you go to??? I’d love to check them out one day! 
Ya’ll must be one of them there fancay skoolz 🙄

I really don’t know what your gripe with Dreamworld is, or perhaps you didn’t get to experience fully what was on offer, but just because SW had a laser lightshow (even though DW had lasers and lighting throughout) I don’t think it’s far to say SW was a far superior event.

It’s unfair and ridiculous to compare either event to a school fete

• Love it! 1

Haven't been to either yet this year, but heading to both next weekend

On previous years, yes i enjoy that laser light show at SW and the benefit of riding Leviathan at night, but ST at night is equally great, so really the big one up card for SW is the show, and DW just dont have the location/set up for such a thing. 

I'd love to see them lean into the a haunted train ride, that they did once a few years back to a very basic nature. Think there is a tonne of potential to flesh that out to something unique and brilliant that only they can offfer.

All in all however, i find night events at DW much more easy to navigate, more spacious, easier to get food/seats etc at - so generally i'd lean towards preferring Happy Halloween over Spooky Nights 

13 minutes ago, Michelangelo said:

Damnnnn what kind of school fetes do you go to??? I’d love to check them out one day! 
Ya’ll must be one of them there fancay skoolz 🙄

I really don’t know what your gripe with Dreamworld is, or perhaps you didn’t get to experience fully what was on offer, but just because SW had a laser lightshow (even though DW had lasers and lighting throughout) I don’t think it’s far to say SW was a far superior event.

It’s unfair and ridiculous to compare either event to a school fete

Stop with your gripe shit.   I have no gripe with DW.   It's a matter of opinion and preference.  I took my daughter and we both liked Spooky Nights over Happy Halloween.  

You're paddling up the wrong creek if you start comparing DW's randomly placed lasers, to a light show production.

4 minutes ago, Brad2912 said:

On previous years, yes i enjoy that laser light show at SW and the benefit of riding Leviathan at night, but ST at night is equally great, so really the big one up card for SW is the show, and DW just dont have the location/set up for such a thing. 

I don't want DW to copy SW but if they want free ideas, DW could do a Halloween parade.

Edited by New display name

1 hour ago, Brad2912 said:

I'd love to see them lean into the a haunted train ride, that they did once a few years back to a very basic nature. Think there is a tonne of potential to flesh that out to something unique and brilliant that only they can offfer.

Definitely potential when they have a functioning train line again. the shuttle service probably doesn't work very well...

I have no gripe with DW. 

You have a really funny way of showing that.

Stop with your gripe shit.   I have no gripe with DW.   It's a matter of opinion and preference.  I took my daughter and we both liked Spooky Nights over Happy Halloween.  

You're paddling up the wrong creek if you start comparing DW's randomly placed lasers, to a light show production.

I don't want DW to copy SW but if they want free ideas, DW could do a Halloween parade.

Paid troll sent by @Bikash Randhawa?

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Michelangelo said:

But comparing Happy Halloween to a school fete is a-okay, gotcha.

If that's what it reminded me of.  Yes.  People know what a fete looks likes, so it's self explanatory what I am conveying.

You liked DW's Spooky Night.  Goodo.  But this is my review what I thought, not yours.

I think the other thing to consider here is that DW aren't trying to be something their not and also why should they. Its often talked about in their shareholder calls that the park scores rather favourably with their NPS and GRI scores, particularly when it comes to their seasonal event offering. This gives them a pretty healthy understanding of what their primary consumer (guest) wants. 

Personally I also don't think spending $250K plus with someone like an Oracle Liquid (not including the other labour/entertainment costs for the show) is going to improve their overall ROI for the event if a laser light show is primarily what your using as a basis for the difference in offering.  

the thing is they're still in the rebuilding phase and their night events are primarily geared towards convincing people to come back to a safe, friendly local park. but they're clearly working on tight budgets and projects with set allocations are much easier to plus with a figure to spend in mind than an event budget that you're obligated to hold because you sold it as part of your annual pass offering.

(now where have I heard that before?)

44 minutes ago, New display name said:

DW biggest competition is across the road, and if DW aren’t putting on better events, DW are losing to the competition.

There is the argument less is more, but DW are consistently putting on additional events every school holidays (that are free with admission), while across the road only do it in Summer and Easter. While I would agree the quality of these events might not be the same as MW's, at least they are offering something 'extra' for locals and tourists.

If these overlays weren't on, would we miss them? Probably not, but I'd rather have something than nothing. That's providing it doesn't detract from the everyday park experience, which I don't think they do.

Most of these overlay events have been happening for a couple of years now, so there will come a time when they will need to mix it/refresh them, but that applies to every event at all the parks (looking at you Carnivale & all Halloween events)!

• Like 1