Wild West sign missing?

1 hour ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

Jaggs Journeys has posted a movie world update on instagram - the Wild West Falls sign has been completely removed. Sad to see the vultures go (i'll miss their christmas hats) - I wonder why it's gone?

No description available.

Not Jagg's photo - photo is credited to @_zac.gibson

Surley its just for refuribshment right. if not its stupid for them to remove it its almost like they want to piss people off.

1 hour ago, STRAWS said:

Surley its just for refuribshment right. if not its stupid for them to remove it its almost like they want to piss people off.

They've finished the ground where it was taken from. if it were some sort of temporary situation where the poles were getting replaced or something like that, you'd presume they'd put a temporary cap over it - like a steel plate, or fence it off with temporary fencing while leaving a pathway through the middle. 

the fact that they've sealed the holes suggests its permanent, and the bodgy job shows their contempt for the park as a whole.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

They've finished the ground where it was taken from. if it were some sort of temporary situation where the poles were getting replaced or something like that, you'd presume they'd put a temporary cap over it - like a steel plate, or fence it off with temporary fencing while leaving a pathway through the middle. 

the fact that they've sealed the holes suggests its permanent, and the bodgy job shows their contempt for the park as a whole.

Do you have any ideas of why they decied to remove it just curios?.

Its getting very old me calling out Movie World for poor service but its starting to really become a issue dont get me wrong Dreamworld is a great park but it gets boring only going there but I also dont want to buy a new pass to Movie Word while their decreasing the parks offerings and charging more $.

I am only 18 so I havent had the chance to visit oversees parks but im getting bored of our ones which I never thought I would say maybe I need to take a break from visiting the parks to bring my enjoyment back. I do hope to get a Melbourne trip in later this year but im super busy with work so I dont know if I will get a chance to unfortunately. 

25 minutes ago, STRAWS said:

Do you have any ideas of why they decied to remove it just curios?.

I've got a few theories from the boring and mundane to the wild and fantastical. 

it all boils down to one of two reasons - either: the wooden poles the sign was mounted on were end of life in some way and they didn't want to replace them (they've stood for over a quarter of a century - but wooden utility poles should be expected to last 40-50 years), or they needed vehicle access. However given the gates in western town just behind the sign, if that's the reason, i'm wondering why they didn't go through there?

image.thumb.png.959023d5c79a59770135ca4260e4b6a4.png

1 hour ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

image.thumb.png.959023d5c79a59770135ca4260e4b6a4.png

Excusing my ignorance here but I'm assuming the sign we're talking about is the one next to the 3 white umbrellas casting a shadow?

Perhaps the removal might be part of planning for things happening in that space? Maybe around DD? Make the Wild West area smaller to expand the DD area for the whatever replacement they may be planning?

I have absolutely no insights, just spitballing here LOL

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, DJKostya said:

Excusing my ignorance here but I'm assuming the sign we're talking about is the one next to the 3 white umbrellas casting a shadow?

Perhaps the removal might be part of planning for things happening in that space? Maybe around DD? Make the Wild West area smaller to expand the DD area for the whatever replacement they may be planning?

I have absolutely no insights, just spitballing here LOL

it's possible, but it is bordered by the toilet block and the outlet, not sure what there is to gain there.

I don't remember that being the reason for road runner, but I doubt it - West had a sign change around the same time as road runner, and it was converted to the 2D signwriter's (digital printer) steel. If the insurance issue were raised, they'd have done away with it at the same time.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DJKostya said:

I would say there’s a chance this is the case. Considering they’ve now turned all the effects off in the DD area and have basically left it to rot, I don’t expect it to be around for much longer. Given that WB Showcase has also now closed, they could be freeing up that whole area for a new attraction. It’s entirely possible that the Wild West “land” will be moved back beyond where the Showcase entrance was. 

3 hours ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

it's possible, but it is bordered by the toilet block and the outlet, not sure what there is to gain there.

It wouldn’t be too hard to re-theme the toilet block and outlet into a new land (if they plan on keeping them as they are). 

5 hours ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

or they needed vehicle access. However given the gates in western town just behind the sign, if that's the reason, i'm wondering why they didn't go through there?

Perhaps they need vehicle access through there to work on DD’s replacement attraction? I know there’s another BOH entrance near the First Aid room that could be used, but maybe they think using the Wild West entrance is more convenient?  

Edited by Noll_57

On 13/08/2024 at 4:56 PM, Noll_57 said:

Perhaps they need vehicle access through there to work on DD’s replacement attraction? I know there’s another BOH entrance near the First Aid room that could be used, but maybe they think using the Wild West entrance is more convenient?  

I appreciate your speculative approach and while your other theories aren't far off being plausible, this particular one is flat out insane. The First Aid gates have no overhead restriction and are double wide to accommodate floats. The western town gates are not much bigger than your average residential garage door (albeit a little bit higher). It's also an awkward turnaround to get to doomsday - and if they're taking the "easy" path - big gates allow all sizes of vehicles through, but potentially losing access to what - a few skill games? they could temporarily set them up in tents in Main Street if the revenue loss was a big deal - it's far easier to do that than to bring them in the western gate.

image.thumb.png.b4f0feb543bf2af8ff1956ce6ac109b3.png

Looking at this street view though poses another possibility... Besides West, what else is behind the west sign? SHOWCASE.

What if whatever they're doing in Showcase requires vehicle access that is too large for the western gates?

image.thumb.png.eecdaf30fffb64c1f742a0a9e9607fb4.png

I appreciate your speculative approach and while your other theories aren't far off being plausible, this particular one is flat out insane. The First Aid gates have no overhead restriction and are double wide to accommodate floats. The western town gates are not much bigger than your average residential garage door (albeit a little bit higher). It's also an awkward turnaround to get to doomsday - and if they're taking the "easy" path - big gates allow all sizes of vehicles through, but potentially losing access to what - a few skill games? they could temporarily set them up in tents in Main Street if the revenue loss was a big deal - it's far easier to do that than to bring them in the western gate. 

That’s a good point, I’ll admit I hadn’t really considered just how restrictive West’s gates are. However, I still suspect that these gates will be used in conjunction with the first aid gates and that the park expects some vehicles to travel back and forth through the former location of the WWF entrance sign (hence its removal). 

What if whatever they're doing in Showcase requires vehicle access that is too large for the western gates?

I think you’ve hit the nail on the head. I’ve noticed a few subtle signs recently that something significant may be about to happen to the show stage and surrounding area. For example, new permanent lighting and speakers have been installed in the Wild West village. While these are welcome additions, they have only been installed on buildings on the BOH side, while everything on the Showstage side has been left untouched. The test seat has also been removed from the hut on the Showstage side and relocated near the entrance to WWF on the BOH side. There have been a few other minor touch-ups and changes made to the BOH side of the village that I’ve noticed too, but nothing on the other side. Of course, this could just be a coincidence, but it definitely supports the idea that this area is going to see a lot of change soon. I’m wondering if the Showstage (along with the DD area) is about to be demolished or changed in a significant way? 

4 hours ago, Levram__ said:

I believe it’s possible the parade floats could soon commence their journey from the show stage, which is why the WWF sign has been removed and new speakers/lighting installed?

Hope not, it would be nice to see an old MW show building actually turned into a brand new attraction, not more storage! It would also be a fairly tight squeeze for the floats to go through the buildings at the front of the western village, especially with guests around (unless they end up removing them of course). 

The new lights aren’t show lights, they just appear to be for general illumination. As for the speakers, they’ve only been installed on the buildings beyond the Showstage entrance, so floats would never travel past them. Plus, they’re currently playing the very short 40 second loop of the theme from “Stagecoach” that’s been playing in the WWF queue and other parts of the ride since it was refurbished with new boats a few years ago, so I think they’re directly connected to West’s AV system and aren’t part of the park-wide/parade route audio setup. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Noll_57 said:

Hope not, it would be nice to see an old MW show building actually turned into a brand new attraction, not more storage!

Storage indeed is the use for the showstage in the near future be it floats or otherwise. I did hear originally they were looking at converting it back to a show venue but those plans are on hold or cancelled.

14 minutes ago, Tricoart said:

both parks to just become dumping grounds? 

Where do we think that they will store the old monorail track... VRTP seem to have a hard time letting go of old things. Also, I wonder where they have the old monorails stored.

I believe it's possible the parade floats could soon commence their journey from the show stage, which is why the WWF sign has been removed and new speakers/lighting installed?

I think this might be the reason.

Edited by TV15

5 hours ago, TV15 said:

Where do we think that they will store the old monorail track... VRTP seem to have a hard time letting go of old things. Also, I wonder where they have the old monorails stored.

They threw them in the skip bin a long time ago. Kept one for some reason though 

9 hours ago, TV15 said:

I didn't know there was a monorail track at Wild West Falls.

4 hours ago, Baconjack said:

They threw them in the skip bin a long time ago. Kept one for some reason though 

He asked about track, not train. (And the answer is it'll go into building rubble \ concrete recycling)

26 minutes ago, themagician said:

They transported them to a storage yard in Nerang and were then transported to be destroyed

the other train is still parked at Mid station i believe, but that was the fate of the first one.