Jane’s Rivertown Restaurant

Theme park giant Dreamworld has announced a restaurant as the final addition to its new precinct Rivertown, in a feast for your stomach and senses.

Jane Rivertown’s Restaurant is set to open in late 2024 and will offer immersive and interactive dining experiences including lifelike animatronic animals including a python, talking parrot, snapping crocodile, orangutang, and family of monkeys in the rafters.

Decorated with a suspended canoe, cargo nets and jungle wildlife, the restaurant also showcases items collected by the fictional adventurer Jane, including a beautiful grandfather clock, oversized masks, and rare antiques from across the globe.

Dreamworld commercial and facilities director Dwayne Clark said there were some exciting surprises awaiting guests at the bar.

“We’ve planned some special touches around the bar that will truly add to the experience.

“Jane’s Rivertown Restaurant is the final piece of Rivertown, and it is set to be one of the most dynamic and immersive dining experiences on the Gold Coast. 

“We’ve designed this space to entertain, surprise, and delight our guests at every turn, it’s an experience unlike any other,” he said.

The restaurant will be able to seat up to 280 people and will include an events and conference space with capacity for up to 120 people.

The restaurant will also hold a 12.5 metre long themed boat bar, which will serve as the central hub of the dining area.

https://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au/entertainment/whats-on/interactive-dining-experience-coming-to-theme-park-giant-dreamworld/news-story/5e93d83d88add795ac304904121b8990

• Like 1
  • Love it! 3

4 hours ago, Brad2912 said:

Theme park giant Dreamworld has announced a restaurant as the final addition to its new precinct Rivertown, in a feast for your stomach and senses.

Jane Rivertown’s Restaurant is set to open in late 2024 and will offer immersive and interactive dining experiences including lifelike animatronic animals including a python, talking parrot, snapping crocodile, orangutang, and family of monkeys in the rafters.

Decorated with a suspended canoe, cargo nets and jungle wildlife, the restaurant also showcases items collected by the fictional adventurer Jane, including a beautiful grandfather clock, oversized masks, and rare antiques from across the globe.

Dreamworld commercial and facilities director Dwayne Clark said there were some exciting surprises awaiting guests at the bar.

“We’ve planned some special touches around the bar that will truly add to the experience.

“Jane’s Rivertown Restaurant is the final piece of Rivertown, and it is set to be one of the most dynamic and immersive dining experiences on the Gold Coast. 

“We’ve designed this space to entertain, surprise, and delight our guests at every turn, it’s an experience unlike any other,” he said.

The restaurant will be able to seat up to 280 people and will include an events and conference space with capacity for up to 120 people.

The restaurant will also hold a 12.5 metre long themed boat bar, which will serve as the central hub of the dining area.

https://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au/entertainment/whats-on/interactive-dining-experience-coming-to-theme-park-giant-dreamworld/news-story/5e93d83d88add795ac304904121b8990

Opening late 2025 

10 minutes ago, Rabbit2014 said:

Opening late 2025 

Their results presentation did say it was opening in 2025, but it also said the name was Jungle Jane’s. So I suspect, with their official announcement of the restaurant today it will be opening in 2024.

Or Dreamworld messed with some crucial information in their press release 

7 News has just released a news story. Also I feel like the animatronics are definitely a callback to the old Koala Jamboree! Great to see dreamworld bringing back more old things! I don’t have a link to the news story though sorry

1 hour ago, HarryHeHe8 said:

7 News has just released a news story. Also I feel like the animatronics are definitely a callback to the old Koala Jamboree! Great to see dreamworld bringing back more old things! I don’t have a link to the news story though sorry

Doubles down on it being this year, not next. 

Edited by Tricoart
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Ogre said:

Wow, that sounds awesome! Lots of potential if they do it correctly.

firefox_NZZrQR0hIU.thumb.png.5cbf3b66720fd3aa8da5aad10fdabd6e.png

Spiritual successor?

hope so! I really wished I was alive back then, this could help me live that time period modern day!

Edited by HarryHeHe8
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, themagician said:

Their results presentation did say it was opening in 2025, but it also said the name was Jungle Jane’s. So I suspect, with their official announcement of the restaurant today it will be opening in 2024.

Or Dreamworld messed with some crucial information in their press release 

Ah, I see what's happened. They haven't messed up their announcement, the announcement has been misinterpreted here. 

1766984216_Screenshot2024-08-26185423.thumb.png.965bdaa93ab8da37377e7db48f3071df.png

Financial Year 25 (FY25) ends next June, and started last July.

Edited by Tricoart
  • Like 1
  • Love it! 1

1 minute ago, Tricoart said:

Ah, I see what's happened. They haven't messed up their announcement, the announcement's has been misinterpreted here. 

1766984216_Screenshot2024-08-26185423.thumb.png.965bdaa93ab8da37377e7db48f3071df.png

Financial Year 25 ends next June, and started last July.

Ok that makes much more sense. Still a little confusing why they decided to say this, but fair enough. Excited to dine there!

10 minutes ago, HarryHeHe8 said:

Ok that makes much more sense. Still a little confusing why they decided to say this, but fair enough. Excited to dine there!

'Cause it's a financial report, so they use the financial calendar when referring to broader moments in time (especially ones in the future without a set date), as that's what matters in it's context. They can say 'aim to open before Christmas' to news outlets or in press releases, but that doesn't really matter in a financial report.

Edited by Tricoart

This announcement is very exciting though. For so many years most of us have asking for a themed and immersive restaurant and this should finally tick that box. And the Billabong Restaurant was consistently popular when it was open, so it’s great to see they’re bringing it back and tying it in to Rivertown too.

I suspect the food will be mostly standard offerings, but might have a naming twist to suit the theme.

Hopefully it proves popular so that it’s open every day (even during off peak) because I can see this becoming an essential part of guests visit.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, themagician said:

I suspect the food will be mostly standard offerings, but might have a naming twist to suit the theme.

I'm hoping they've given it more than a naming twist - the prominent 'boat bar' and the wording here:

When I read this, my first thought was Trader Sam's Enchanted Tiki bar. If they can incorporate some A\V elements and \ or some specialty themed cocktails, it won't just be a place to eat, it will truly be a repeatable experience you'd keep coming back to.

I do hope this place pays off and succeeds. It'd be a delicious demonstration to Village that you can operate a full sit-down restaurant in a gold coast theme park. (I'm looking at you Rick's Cafe, Stars Cafe and various long-closed Sea World options, and yes I know they've been talking about reopening Stars cafe recently but it's been getting on in years...)

• Like 1

On 12/02/2024 at 1:08 PM, New display name said:

The current new name for the restaurant.

Jungle Jane’s Rivertown Restaurant  (but this could change)

Going with just "Jane's Rivertown Restaurant" doesn't have quite the same ring to it.

(Also, is it "Jane's Rivertown Restaurant" ? or is it Jane Rivertown's restaurant? I've seen both used, and if they're giving Jane the last name 'Rivertown'... even more cringe.

26 minutes ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

They seem to have dropped the 'Jungle' aspect of her name in all the recent marketing around it though - are you sure they're still sticking with Jungle Jane?

I think they may prefer to refer to it without the 'Jungle' going forward, both 'cause it makes the name unnecessarily longer & the bordering attraction is already 'Jungle ____'. But any iteration of them using or not using any part of the name "Jungle Jane's" wouldn't make it false, as "Jungle Jane's" isn't a set part of the restaurant's name, just the nickname given to the character that they've made it's owner. So it'd just be down to their preference at the time.

Like, for example, you can say "Margaritaville", "Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville", or any iteration of that without it being a correct or incorrect name, so long as "Margaritaville" is the name of the place/company & "Jimmy Buffett" is it's attributed owner/founder. It'd only become wrong if you said something like "Jimmy Margaritaville's Buffet", 'cause that incorrectly attributes the location's name as part of the owner's, and vice versa.

Edited by Tricoart

27 minutes ago, New display name said:

I don't like the use of Jane at all.   Rivertown Restaurant works for me.

Then you can call it that. But they’re gonna associate the character they’ve made for the restaurant to the restaurant they’ve made for the character. This isn’t a new thing.

Apart from the IRL examples of Margaritaville, Max Brenner’s for the locals, or even something basic like McDonalds w/ Ronald McDonald, amusement parks do it commonly, even already at Movie World w/ Dirty Harry & Rick’s.

One quick glance at just specifically Disneyland California’s food options & there are more instances to list for food options with character names attached (sometimes shoehorned), from Cars, Beauty & The Beast, Mickey Mouse, Big Hero 6, and more. Not to mention the multiple others with names including actual people.

But I doubt everyone refers to the cafe in Cars land as “Flo’s V8 Cafe”, or the ice cream shop as “Clarabelle’s Hand-Scooped Ice Cream”. It’s just denoting the theme of the dining location in part of it’s title, no more & no less.

Edited by Tricoart