King Claw - Larger Replacement Intamin Gyro Swing for Dreamworld

Tricoart

34 minutes ago, Tricoart said:

Why’s it still an assumption that Dreamworld’ll be sold to a different operator? Ardent restructured their entire company to focus solely on Dreamworld/WWW (& Skypoint), selling Dreamworld would now mean the death of the company. 

I was thinking the exact same thing. Just because some theme park companies sell their assets, doesn’t mean all of them do. I think Coast has settled in for the long run, and why sell? Dreamworld is on the rise again thanks to coast, and they wouldn’t dare sell now. If they ever sell, it would be due to bankruptcy.

all bold claims, and pure speculation. While I think the current team at coast are doing good things and I want the park to succeed, the reality is, never say never in business. While the incentive programs in the business' annual reports no longer provides for incentives payable on the sale of the business, the right opportunity could always be just around the corner.

1 minute ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

all bold claims, and pure speculation. While I think the current team at coast are doing good things and I want the park to succeed, the reality is, never say never in business. While the incentive programs in the business' annual reports no longer provides for incentives payable on the sale of the business, the right opportunity could always be just around the corner.

All I'm saying is, I won't believe they could be selling unless they find another asset first. It makes no financial sense to sell then buy, because if they can't find anything to buy then they're screwed.

8 minutes ago, HarryHeHe8 said:

All I'm saying is, I won't believe they could be selling unless they find another asset first. It makes no financial sense to sell then buy, because if they can't find anything to buy then they're screwed.

If they sell Dreamworld its likely they won't look to buy anything else and are wanting to wrap up the Coast business.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, HarryHeHe8 said:

Makes no financial sense?

They sell the entire company to another buyer, and all shareholders get a windfall profit from the sale...?

They don't have to keep running a business just for the sake of it...

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Naazon said:

If they sell Dreamworld its likely they won't look to buy anything else and are wanting to wrap up the Coast business.

This has been the endgame for the Coast business for quite a while now. Greg and the rest of the Coast Executive team stand to directly benefit with its sale, this is still their focus.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, ShakeShack said:

This has been the endgame for the Coast business for quite a while now. Greg and the rest of the Coast Executive team stand to directly benefit with its sale, this is still their focus.

Do you have a source?

20 hours ago, Tricoart said:

Why’s it still an assumption that Dreamworld’ll be sold to a different operator? Ardent restructured their entire company to focus solely on Dreamworld/WWW (& Skypoint), selling Dreamworld would now mean the death of the company. 

Yes you know that Coast’s shareholders can wind up a company that’s solvent? Shareholders would get a pay day as well given how much Dreamworld would go for if sold.

Brisbane Olympics are around the corner if you were a publicly listed company with an objective to make profit and look after your shareholders, you’d be a fool not to take advantage of the land prices that are surging across SEQ and sell at the right time.

The level of capex investment that’s been made over the years has also added quite a bit to the park value. All of it points to a sale in the future. 

You don’t have to keep a business running for the sake of it

Edited by Baconjack

1 minute ago, Baconjack said:

Brisbane Olympics are around the corner if you were a publicly listed company with an objective to make profit and look after your shareholders, you’d be a fool not to take advantage of the land prices that are surging in SEQ and sell at the right time

Yes, but there's no sense in plussing the parks offerings if your intention is to do a Sun Way and sell the land for value only.

Surely if this is the ultimate goal they're trying to woo another operator into continuing operations.

1 hour ago, franky said:

Yes, but there's no sense in plussing the parks offerings if your intention is to do a Sun Way and sell the land for value only.

Surely if this is the ultimate goal they're trying to woo another operator into continuing operations.

If they were to sell they wouldn’t sell to a developer for the land it sits on. No shit. Coast is not pulling a Sunway.

But at the end of the day its land value is still a component of the park value. Add the additions to the park, especially in the last 5 years, and you’ve got a park that’s worth a lot more than what Macquarie/Ardent/Coast bought it for originally.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ShakeShack said:

I think this WAS the endgame post-2016 and mid-COVID, when financial recovery seemed out of the picture. But given the shift that DW has seen with ticket sales & revenue, Gary can see the potential.

If it truly were Coast’s endgame to set up DW & WWW for sale, we would never see the level of thought, care and theming going into the new rides or themed areas like K&B’s dreamland… nor would we see investment in things like hold virtually no capital value (namely Twighlight Trail, that Bilby area, Parents Centre, etc).

Instead, Coast would bolster up their books with new rides and virtually zero theming… JR would be just some coaster plonked onto land with the nice entrance sign, and more closed off areas with little attention (like Twilight Trail).

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Michelangelo said:

Instead, Coast would bolster up their books with new rides and virtually zero theming… JR would be just some coaster plonked onto land with the nice entrance sign, and more closed off areas with little attention (like Twilight Trail).

This. Like, the Claw reached end-of-life, and they've actively chosen to invest in a new, extremely similar attraction to take its place & only improve the experience of OG Claw, which will only be fully realized mid-late 2025. If they weren't in it for the sake of rebuilding the park/their reputation in the eyes of guests rather than solely potential buyers, one would imagine them simply keeping the ride SBNO (like a certain other Intamin-manufactured flat ride), or replacing it with a temporary and/or lackluster addition (like a certain other retired Dreamworld flat ride).

It's true that an offer could come which they can't refuse, but it doesn't seem to me like their end goal is to sell/go private (a la VRTP) anymore, and them selling the land Dreamworld sits on to a different company 'cause its value is high would indeed be the death of their recently rebranded/restructured company, and make most recent smaller-scale investments moot.

Edited by Tricoart