New Intamin Coming To Dreamworld?

Tricoart

It would be great if this had a wild/soft style, one that went 120 degrees or 360 degrees, like Serpent slayer or Sledge Hammer 360 at Luna Park Sydney. I highly doubt they would get rid of the theme of the ride, and instead just replace it and keep the name etc. It makes sense with The Claw having it's 20th Birthday this year.

53 minutes ago, New display name said:

bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb.thumb.JPG.d32046ff9354363d5912f882fdbae096.JPG

Thought so. Either that or the new vintage cars which we don’t have info on yet.

I’d imagine this is just a new gyro swing model with 360 degree motion because Intamin hasn’t made that yet. Goliath is excellent with the new restraints and I’m glad it’s not the zamperla model because those restraints are garbage. Is fine but dreamworld needs more rides, not 1 for 1 trades.

Imo I thought it would have been too short of a gap between 2 major capex projects (Rivertown/water ride) but the water ride will probably be the next cab off the rank in a few years.

Edited by Baconjack

King Claw! I like it. Could that really be the IAAPA announcement, though? With Swingi at Linnanmäki effectively being Intamin's European demonstration model of a new gen Gyro Swing, would Intamin really dedicate a press conference to showcase something similar? How different could King Claw be to warrant that compared to Swingi?

maybe the significance to the community is that they are refurbing the ride with new gondola’s which has never been seen before and is now an option to parks with outdated Intamin Gyro models. if it is a new 360° model, i hope it has a non inverting and inverting cycle, i find the hang time the inverting models offer to be uncomfortable and unpleasant.

1 hour ago, Ogre said:

King Claw! I like it. Could that really be the IAAPA announcement, though? With Swingi at Linnanmäki effectively being Intamin's European demonstration model of a new gen Gyro Swing, would Intamin really dedicate a press conference to showcase something similar? How different could King Claw be to warrant that compared to Swingi?

With intamin having so many projects, I would like to doubt that they are devoting a 25min press conference for a standard gyro swing

• Like 1

I can’t compare ride footprints right now ‘cause I’m not at my PC, but is there any possibility that this is their announcement at IAAPA because it’s a scaled up model to the tune of Zamperla’s Giga Discovery, maybe to the point that it usurps their height record? Could a ride of that size fit nearby where the Claw currently stands, and could it match the location of the sighted markings?

Edited by Tricoart

he has to do with something about Tower of Terror  why is the station up a big long line That's emptied that goes down from the station to the  tower is empty and second there's one like this over up to date model at Ferrari World in Dubai so it has to do with Tower of  terror I'd come back  75%  I would be right it wasn't a Australia favourite ride only building or  white water ride but that would never happen then St this park

terror

Screenshot_20240911_142831_Maps.jpg

Screenshot_20240911_142831_Maps~2.jpg

I from perth 

1 minute ago, Naazon said:

I suspect @Trevor isn't Australian. but lets be honest. Him and @WalleyWorld are both right. ToT3 - Next Generation. its going to include scooby animatronics too. And Claw becomes The Claw and is Toy Story themed just to really round that one out.

I from perth

1 minute ago, Trevor said:

I from perth 

I from perth

And I do have autism

• Love it! 1

10 minutes ago, New display name said:

I wouldn't say no to a TOT 3.

Sometimes theme parks do not want to release the real name and sometimes they use a different name as it distraction

14 minutes ago, New display name said:

I wouldn't say no to a TOT 3.

Sometimes theme parks use a different name because they do not want to to save a real name leaked and why would there be a press conference about it

Speaking of, I wonder where @New display name got the King Claw screenshot from. Is it a trademark request?

7 minutes ago, Coppertine said:

Speaking of, I wonder where @New display name got the King Claw screenshot from. Is it a trademark request?

I was correct, although it doesn't give too much information, but they at least have a new swimwear logo for their merch stores.
https://search.ipaustralia.gov.au/trademarks/search/view/2475548?q=COAST+ENTERTAINMENT+OPERATIONS+LIMITED

Edited by Coppertine
punctuation problems

1 hour ago, Trevor said:

he has to do with something about Tower of Terror  why is the station up a big long line That's emptied that goes down from the station to the  tower is empty and second there's one like this over up to date model at Ferrari World in Dubai so it has to do with Tower of  terror I'd come back  75%  I would be right it wasn't a Australia favourite ride only building or  white water ride but that would never happen then St this park

terror

Screenshot_20240911_142831_Maps.jpg

Screenshot_20240911_142831_Maps~2.jpg

TOT is gone mate. Time to move on. 

• Like 1