New Intamin Coming To Dreamworld?

Tricoart

47 minutes ago, HarryHeHe8 said:

It would be cool, but next time you go past the motorway, just look at the gold coaster. It will be bigger than that. However, I’m just worried it may pull a lot of attention, and IMO, I like it because it’s not normally too busy. With everyone knowing it exists, and with it being the largest gyro swing in the world, it may become one of the busiest rides.

Yes, generally it is a good idea to build flat rides that draw crowds, rather than the situation  you often see where the flat ride struggles to get the minimum load.

• Like 1
  • Love it! 1

It’s great when our parks are busy, when the parks are busy, it indicates they are probably successful, which can lead to better future attraction.  The downside is some Gold Coast parks, believe it’s ok to have Disney queue wait times, even though the attraction doesn’t merit it.   International visitors to the Gold Coast, commonly comment, how shit the operations are at the parks.

• Like 3
  • Love it! 1

15 hours ago, New display name said:

It’s great when our parks are busy, when the parks are busy, it indicates they are probably successful, which can lead to better future attraction.  The downside is some Gold Coast parks, believe it’s ok to have Disney queue wait times, even though the attraction doesn’t merit it.   International visitors to the Gold Coast, commonly comment, how shit the operations are at the parks.

Hard agree. There was a queue time website I saw a while back that showed the world's top queue times for the day. Top three were almost universally Tokyo Disneyland's Beauty and the Beast, Tokyo DisneySea's Soarin', and DC Rivals.

• Like 2

A couple of the rides are world class, as good as anything you see in the world, but you can’t call the attraction world class, because the operations & queues, let them down. 

Rivals probably has the same wait time to a similar ride, so why am I unwilling to wait 2 hours to ride Rivals you ask?  Queuing sucks in Australia.  2 hours feels like 3 hours.  3 hours feels like 5 hours.  You barely move, the staff look like they are being told to slow the dispatches down, there is nothing to look at and most of the time it’s hot.  In a queue where you feel like you are constantly moving, you don’t get bored & bothered because you feel like you are making progress.  I don’t believe, I can last more than 2 rides at MW before I walk out the gates anymore.

Edited by New display name
  • Like 2

51 minutes ago, Baconjack said:

Yeah but not allowing guests to do their own seatbelt and making it another layer of the 69 layers of staff checks is world class didn’t you hear. Every other park known to man does it. World class theme parks have slow moving 2 hour lines as the standard.

The seatbelt thing at both DC Rivals and ST are both requirements from Mack Rides. Copperhead strike also utilises the same system in a completely different park chain.

This requirement is because if the seatbelt is done up previous to the check they aren't checking the hydraulics in the harness and instead are only checking the seatbelt, this you get that situation that Mack has put in place where they need to check the harness hydraulics (without seatbelt) then put the seatbelt in.

If you can name one ride other then the two Mack rides which Mack have put that requirement in.. you can have that point all for yourself until then that is not a good argument 

Edited by Themepark Enthusist
  • Like 1