Wet’n’Wild - New Slides

2 hours ago, Brad2912 said:

“We are planning something new but I can’t give details”

Super. She wouldn’t be doing her job if she wasn’t planning something new at some point… 

Literally my thoughts and whilst slides are cheaper than rides I’m not confident in something new that soon considering how cheap PEP are being and WNW is still insanely popular in the summer months.

3 hours ago, Ashley Jeffery said:

Aqua loop replacement?

Would make the most sense to use that land imho.

12 minutes ago, New display name said:

While WnW continue to grow & expand, across the road

=

fml-goingnowhere.gif.ea0be64f3be2b986f68dd66eea39c526.gif

image.thumb.png.9bfaaedd2a6d46e2b16d2b0e58e22e05.pngimage.png.6304b751b227e06604ed32bfacf13635.png

WWW is seasonal, and they can't even get their existing slides operational for the opening of their season. They charge almost half what the Village group charges for a standard pass. (Discounted passes for locals, tiered passes with blackout dates or not including all properties make it a bit muddier to compare these, so i've used their top annual pass prices because they are the only ones that include like for like with all offerings included - heck Dreamworld's cheapest annual pass doesn't even include WWW entry)

The last three additions to WWW - Wedgie, Fully 6 and Triple Vortex have been plagued with issues pretty much since opening - and the Wedgie remains SBNO despite them confirming it's been retired. It might be cheaper to buy slides than rides, but I just don't think they need to right now.

Dreamworld is still seeing attendance lower than their competitors, and they're focus remains on their core theme park business. I actually prefer the offering at WWW and haven't been to WnW in a long time - its too spread out, too hot to walk around barefoot and overall is just too much work for a relaxing day - Biggest it may be, but IMO, best it isn't. I'm totally fine with WWW remaining in its current form while they figure out their problems in the dry park and get their shit together. 

• Like 3

See you're trying to be funny but you're missing the entire point and just look ridiculous.

I find the dry parks to be busy, hustle and bustle, trying to maximise as many rides as possible, standing in hot queues amongst sweaty people, high thrills and fast movement. 

When I go to a waterpark, the pace is slower. i'm not running from slide to slide and sprinting up the stairs. I'm not rope dropping anything - i'm getting inside the park, claiming a sunlounge or cabana, getting changed or otherwise ready to get wet. putting stuff in a locker if we need one. applying sunscreen, etc etc. There is no rush. no urgency to get in line for something. 

Many families that come to the coast for a theme park holiday view the waterpark as the relaxing day. Whether the kids treat it that way is another matter, but for all the reasons above, it is.

16 minutes ago, themagician said:

And I know a lot of families pick WnW over WWW because they have a lazy river to have that relaxing day while their kids/teens are on the larger slides

And you're not wrong about Calypso - it's just the rest of the park is just so damn big and spread out - I find WWW ok without the lazy river because the wavepool shallows are gentler, and you've also got wiggle bay for the younger kids which is a quieter space (WNW JR just feels noisy by comparison)

There is no doubt for teens and young adults WnW is the pick, it’s the “cool” option… 

but I’m with dapto here in saying if I want a relaxing day with my son/family, it’s WWW. We still go to WnW a few times each season, but it’s always chaotic, even getting a park is a mission in summer. WWW you can mosey in, get a deckchair anytime, and don’t feel like your half a km away if you want to go back for a drink 

Relaxing must mean different things.   🤷‍♀️

Next people are going to tell me they go to DW because it's more relaxing. 🤣

I mean, Dreamworld has a continuously operating flying theatre in comparison to showtimes for a cartoon, a large walkthrough animal section, a sensory room, and is generally just a much more sprawling park than Movie World. I wouldn’t say I don’t prefer the atmosphere of DW (or SW, for that matter) over MW…

Edited by Tricoart

1 hour ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

See you're trying to be funny but you're missing the entire point and just look ridiculous.

I find the dry parks to be busy, hustle and bustle, trying to maximise as many rides as possible, standing in hot queues amongst sweaty people, high thrills and fast movement. 

When I go to a waterpark, the pace is slower. i'm not running from slide to slide and sprinting up the stairs. I'm not rope dropping anything - i'm getting inside the park, claiming a sunlounge or cabana, getting changed or otherwise ready to get wet. putting stuff in a locker if we need one. applying sunscreen, etc etc. There is no rush. no urgency to get in line for something. 

Many families that come to the coast for a theme park holiday view the waterpark as the relaxing day. Whether the kids treat it that way is another matter, but for all the reasons above, it is.

I agree IMO I think this is much easier to achive at WWW. WNW seems way more of a hassle to go to. Parking is a Nightmare and it takes forever to get in.

It’s not about what you like, it’s about what the rest like.

One park, can’t get enough guest to stay open during winter, one park can.

WWW was great when it first opened and there were times you were turned away at the gate because the park was full, but now WWW is like eating weet-bix every day.  You get sick of it. 

1 hour ago, New display name said:

You just have to look at WnW car park to see what people like. 

Lol. Because of course you can tell how many people are visiting WWW as opposed to DW (or, *gasp* visiting both on the same day without all having to load back into the car and fight for a parking spot in the boonies and then walk all the way back to the gate)

It’s not about what you like, it’s about what the rest like.

Well it sounds like 'the rest' aren't agreeing with you.

13 minutes ago, New display name said:

One park, can’t get enough guest to stay open during winter, one park can.

Objection your honor, the question has been asked and answered. They're focusing on rebuilding their core business. The waterpark is not currently the priority, and i'm totally okay with that because WWW offers what I'm looking for out of a waterpark visit. 

15 minutes ago, New display name said:

WWW was great when it first opened and there were times you were turned away at the gate because the park was full, but now WWW is like eating weet-bix every day.  You get sick of it. 

WnW hasn't added anything to the park that's made me want to visit just to experience it since Constrictor (and that was a disappointment). 

I also enjoy not having to carry tubes up stairs. Thats far worse than having your daily weet-bix, IMO.

• Love it! 2