Australia's biggest party

There’s no way that is the Rivertown opening date, that’s under a month away & they’ve only just moved JR’s train into the station, with the building & surrounding area still very much incomplete. My guess is that it’s some one-off event like their wrestling matches or the Casey Barnes thing they just had. Which is to say, nothing all that special.

Edited by Tricoart

4 minutes ago, Brad2912 said:

With the night markets now closed due to Halloween nights until Nov 1 - my guess is this is just a big relaunch celebration 

there's a Diwali event November 2 this year at DW, I don't think the markets normally run during it so it would be weird for them to reopen with a big celebration on the 1st only to be closed the next night

• Like 1

The markets definitely won’t run on Diwali night as the whole park is essentially privately booked, however they also won’t be having “Australia’s biggest party” during the day on a work/school day” so providing there is any accuracy on the date by Nov 1, it can only be a tie in with the markets 

45 minutes ago, Michelangelo said:

A week on… so what was the announcement?

Apparently it’s whatever the hell this is…

IMG_8848.thumb.jpeg.078eb0f2aec5db5a77bab524e8650632.jpeg

I’d link the video itself, but it has nothing to do with Dreamworld and is just some random dj/club scenes. I feel like they’re making something up, but if it is indeed something, it’s a third-party adults event.

Edited by Tricoart

1 hour ago, Tricoart said:

I’d link the video itself, but it has nothing to do with Dreamworld and is just some random dj/club scenes. I feel like they’re making something up, but if it is indeed something, it’s a third-party adults event.

Oh I see…

Given the caption is “bigger and better”, it must be referring to a previous event run, meaning it’s someone private/external to DW just hiring the joint again.

An 18+ event goes against DW(Greg)’s focus for the park and even if they were running it we would’ve seen SOME marketing comms about it with less than 3 weeks to go

• The only source of information so far is from TPSN.
  • TPSN's track record is patchy at best - (the very reason we used to have the fountain of improbability)
  • Claims it's going to be "over 18"
  • Event date is apparently November 1
  • There is only two weeks until the event
  • The park haven't announced anything, let alone commenced selling tickets.

Salt GIFs | Tenor

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:
  • TPSN's track record is patchy at best - (the very reason we used to have the fountain of improbability)

Salt GIFs | Tenor

Good thing is that it means literally nothing whether it’s true or it’s not, so there’s no point in discussing further either way. They likely only made the first post to mislead those less in-the-know into thinking it would be an event related to Rivertown, not a one night club that’s already significantly less newsworthy than the Diwali event the next day.

Edited by Tricoart

1 hour ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

Salt GIFs | Tenor

One of my fave past times of being a MW ride op back in the days was telling the people who ran this page (and many of the other non reputable ones) total BS... and then watching them report it as fact by "someone in the know"

In fact, a lot of the operators and even supervisors did it and probably still do to this day. Did you know in 2012 that Dreamworld was planning on building Thunderbolt 2.0? And that they were putting the wheel of the Reef Diver onto the arm of the claw to create a brand new thrill ride? :P

• Love it! 1

On 14/10/2024 at 1:31 PM, Tricoart said:

I recognise one of the guys from the video, Troy Candy. Looks like a few of the clips are from this party. This has gotta be fake then, surely Dreamworld aren't going to allow something like that right? It's the complete opposite of the family friendly vibe Greg seems to want to push

3 hours ago, Narra said:

I recognise one of the guys from the video, Troy Candy. Looks like a few of the clips are from this party. This has gotta be fake then, surely Dreamworld aren't going to allow something like that right? It's the complete opposite of the family friendly vibe Greg seems to want to push

I mean the Gel Blasters and LMCT+ Event don't seem family focused, maybe they are only wanting to push that for the general public as apposed to private events?