Weight restriction Gold Coast theme parks

Megan

About 160cm tall and about 130kg. Weight mostly on the legs/thighs. Also went about 5 years ago at a similar size.

Movie world - superman was fine, green lantern was fine, wwf was fine (though a little tight going over my leg), didn't try destroyer or spaceshot (tried them last time and didn't fit), didn't try rivals (but failed the test seat), road runner was fine, scooby was fine (sat at the back). I think they must have changed the harness on scooby as last time I didn't fit. It's my favourite ride so I was so glad I gave it another go!

Dream world - gold coaster was fine, motorcoaster was not (test seats were not working too), shockwave was fine, didn't try the claw.  Surprisingly steel taipan was fine, even though I failed the test seat. 

I'm tempted to try rivals again. I've heard it's roomier on steel taipan but as it's the only big one I haven't been on I would love to go. 

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...
On 13/12/2020 at 1:51 PM, Megan said:

Hi. I am 173cm tall and weigh 120kg. I hold a lot of my weight in my stomach. Can anyone around the same size let me know how they went fitting into the rides at Dreamworld and also Movieworld. Thanks 

Hey Megan, just wondering how you went?

Hi Megan, I am pretty much exactly your weight. Am a little taller at 177 and 120kg and hold most of my weight in my stomach.  On the majority of rides I can ride but its tight,  I will say that Leviathan is particularly snug, as is Rivals. Its been a good year since I rode taipan but I remember feeling pretty squished in. 

a trick that one ride operator showed me that works well for me is to put the lap bar on halfway before you sit, and then slide behind it which seats the lapbar closer to your legs opposed to your stomach. However this might not work if you hold your weight more on your thighs. 

The biggest issue comes to riding the tandem rides at Wet n Wild, unless you got someone really light to ride with you are going to struggle getting under the 180kg limit for 2 person rides. I have a 39kilo daughter to I am set lol. Hope it all goes well for you. 

EDIT: I also just realised this thread is from 2020 and I have already responded 😂 

Edited by Coasterjoe

2 hours ago, Themepark Enthusist said:

Definitely no scales and staff won't ask

There is in the waterparks. I can't remeber for WWW, but for WnW, outside every atrraction/loading area there are weight platforms to ensure the person/group is within the weight limit. The exact weight isn't visible to others, but a red and green light system is used.

This is standard for most waterparks throughout the country (if not the world).

28 minutes ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

WWW also has a platform that the riders are asked to stand on before they can enter the slide. the scale simply gives a red light \ green light, similar to WNW.

Agree it is a standard. I've seen it at many waterparks around. 

I think they are specifically talking about the one before the queue so you don't have to wait all that time then get rejected

Edited by Naazon

• 2 weeks later...

I'm about to go to Movie World in a couple of days. 5 foot 2 and about 110 kgs. Bigger in the legs and thighs, but still a size 16 in tights/workout tights. Does anyone around that same size have any experiences that would help as I'm a little worried about getting on the rides. 

You'll be fine, though I can't comment on the new restraint positions for Wild West Falls, it should be ok. 

Depending on how you carry it, some chairs might be uncomfortable in the wrong places (though this is a point that can vary wildly for everyone), but all the harnesses should lock with your size, so if you are ok with a very slim chance of having to tolerate some discomfort to experience the ride, you'll have no issues. 

• 1 month later...

Vortex is probably the most limiting restraint in the park. Leviathan will accommodate you if you fit on Rivals or Taipan. Trident is even more accommodating than that. Storm is a weird one but again should be fine if you make the other big coasters. Jet Rescue will really depend on where you carry weight with your thighs needing to fit under the front of the restraint, but is otherwise fine.

On 14/09/2024 at 7:34 PM, Chill said:

Hi

Does anyone have the info for SeaWorld?

I'm a similar weight and it’s a lot in the stomach.

Ejector Beartime visited the park recently and gave some insights about fitting into the rides as a bigger person