Dreamworld Thunderbolt remains

I have been doing some research recently, and I was wondering if Dreamworld still had some of the track and a train from the ride in back of house areas. Also, if anyone has images of it's demolition (files from the og posts were so old i couldn't open it) that would be amazing.

1 hour ago, HarryHeHe8 said:

I have been doing some research recently, and I was wondering if Dreamworld still had some of the track and a train from the ride in back of house areas. Also, if anyone has images of it's demolition (files from the og posts were so old i couldn't open it) that would be amazing.

Was doing research literally just creating this topic?

5 minutes ago, ShakeShack said:

Was doing research literally just creating this topic?

No it involved literally spending hours online, including looking through every mention of the Thunderbolt on this site and looking through about 40 pages. I just can't find any recent info since it was demolished so long ago.

I'm not sure why you need this information, but you could try writing an email to Dreamworld.  Their social media team is pretty active and if you're doing a blog/vlog about it, they might even have photos, videos of the ride and the demolition to share.  Given their rebranding to a more classic DW aesthetic, they might still have a train and a piece of track for it to sit on - even to install as 'memorial' theming for whatever goes into the empty plot of land.

If anything of the original ride does exist, they'll likely be able to find out and might even invite you to come see it for yourself.

To be honest, if it does exist, I think DW would probably want to do this anyway to promote whatever is being built on the 'historic' site, since they'll likely want to promote it as being as iconic as the original ride - even if it's for water park expansion.

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, wikiverse said:

I'm not sure why you need this information, but you could try writing an email to Dreamworld.  Their social media team is pretty active and if you're doing a blog/vlog about it, they might even have photos, videos of the ride and the demolition to share.  Given their rebranding to a more classic DW aesthetic, they might still have a train and a piece of track for it to sit on - even to install as 'memorial' theming for whatever goes into the empty plot of land.

If anything of the original ride does exist, they'll likely be able to find out and might even invite you to come see it for yourself.

To be honest, if it does exist, I think DW would probably want to do this anyway to promote whatever is being built on the 'historic' site, since they'll likely want to promote it as being as iconic as the original ride - even if it's for water park expansion.

Thanks. I'll give it a shot. The reason I was hesitant to write an email in the first place is because I once wrote to them regarding Blue Lagoon, and the reply stated that 'nothing' exists from the attraction, even though there is a MOUNTAIN just towering over the exit of ST. But I'll give it a shot, thanks.

57 minutes ago, wikiverse said:

you could try writing an email to Dreamworld.  Their social media team is pretty active and if you're doing a blog/vlog about it, they might even have photos, videos of the ride and the demolition to share. 

I will attach a draft of the email I want to send. I am double checking because I only have one chance at this. Do you think this is good or are there any changes that you may recommend.

image.png.1ef4e5178806f0a507218cb81bdf7bd5.png

9 minutes ago, mattcrombie said:

Might be there still but back in the day they had a few pieces laying around near the big brother studio area.

I have attached where roughly... But might not be there anymore. 

Screenshot 2024-10-22 162541DW.jpg

Looks like I’ll be taking a walk down that road. Thanks a lot! I would take my drone over but it’s now covered in trees so I’m not sure if I’d see it. Also when was this roughly?