Jungle Rush Coaster

mattcrombie

In Jaggs Journeys latest video, it shows that (unfortunately) the corrugated panels is visible on the front of the temple. Obviously final judgment will be reserved until complete, but based on its current state it is a shame that the temple theming doesn’t continue a little further down the side so it’s less obvious.

IMG_5570.jpeg

36 minutes ago, Gazza said:

Lol it's not finished yet.

That's true, and I feel like a few of us (me included), are forgetting that. I highly doubt that Dreamworld would let this fail. They wouldn't invest 50 million dollars for a mediocre ride, even if the theming is amazing at the front. There's always a chance they could paint a pattern on or blend it somehow. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, New display name said:

Looks like the only consideration taken, was the front view.  The temple had an opportunity to be an icon of the park.  😫

Considering that it is the same with the harry potter ride in USJ... It's probably not the worst thing ever. From a side on approach and even in the queueline you can see the white shed/show building the ride is inside of.

1 hour ago, Themepark Enthusist said:

Considering that it is the same with the harry potter ride in USJ... It's probably not the worst thing ever. From a side on approach and even in the queueline you can see the white shed/show building the ride is inside of.

And at least they have made the shed green which blends in with the trees behind it (cough cough Village). Its not the best, but its better than a white shed.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, New display name said:

For me, white sheds at Movie World are fine.  Even though MW have forgotten their roots, the white sheds represent a movie studio.   When MW first opened, it was all about showing you the goings at a movie studio.

When Dreamworld first opened, it was all about being Australia's Disneyland. Does that make green sheds fine too?

Ratatouille-Epcot2.png

PH7X32DPRVFWTGF74DBCEOPNTM.jpg?w=1024

IMG_8619.webp?ex=66df9575&is=66de43f5&hm=8e1c539dfab2f47ac3992f125bd7a61348c05a1162328b4a0f6b663118a6752e&

image.thumb.png.0d3146bcfa0214ae03d367009ed8fd0c.png

Point being, even the most themed parks have some green sheds. It's all about catering to sightlines, and if the sightline that matters looks as good as it's shaping up to be, green walls elsewhere are excusable.

Edited by Tricoart
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, New display name said:

@Tricoartjust shows Disney needs to lift its game.   Life isn't, it's ok because Disney does it.

Of course it's not, but if Village using obnoxious sheds is excusable because it kinda matches what Movie World used to be, Dreamworld using green paint instead of detailed facades on the less important sightlines should be given at least that same treatment.

Edited by Tricoart
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, New display name said:

Life isn't, it's ok because Disney does it.

I mean it kinda is. Ignoring Universal for a moment, who fit the similar 'movie park stage' exclusion you've offered up for Movie World - Disney's standards are the supposed benchmark for a fully themed, immersive theme park. And even they don't build themed facades around everything you can see from literally every angle in the park. 

Sometimes they paint it go away green, and call it a day. And that's ok.

I was talking about 2 different things @Tricoart

1. White sheds ok at MW because of the movie studio theme.

2. MW have drifted from,you're at a studio. 

I want MW to go back to the studio days, so I'm not excusing MW for the white sheds.  

2 minutes ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

I mean it kinda is. Ignoring Universal for a moment, who fit the similar 'movie park stage' exclusion you've offered up for Movie World - Disney's standards are the supposed benchmark for a fully themed, immersive theme park. And even they don't build themed facades around everything you can see from literally every angle in the park. 

Sometimes they paint it go away green, and call it a day. And that's ok.

When I go to a  park, I want it to be different from Disney or I might as well just go to Disney.   My next trip in November, I'm purposely avoiding Disney and Universal.  My theory is if you can't compete with Disney, don't try to emulate Disney.  

22 minutes ago, New display name said:

When I go to a  park, I want it to be different from Disney or I might as well just go to Disney.   My next trip in November, I'm purposely avoiding Disney and Universal.  My theory is if you can't compete with Disney, don't try to emulate Disney. 

Well, then there ish no pleashing you - No Pleasing ...

• Love it! 3
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Gazza said:

What about SWs show buildings?

Show buildings - Not my favourite.  

but worst ⬇️

Leviathan - Going to all the effort and you end up with this.  = Lazy.  Sucks more than The Great Green Shed of DW.

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv.thumb.JPG.63daf16fa274d622e1b6a39724aaa6fd.JPG

@DaptoFunlandGuythank god you went to pictures.

The ride layout looks fun @DaptoFunlandGuy

Maybe DW had me too hyped on how immersive this area is going to be, and I don't find seeing a shed too immersive.  Their words not mine. 

Edited by New display name

May well just be me, but I do kinda like bare buildings in places where sightlines don't matter as much. It's like going to a lower budget zoo, or having views of backstage areas at both zoos and amusement parks, where you're able to appreciate the theming or 'beautification' in places it matters (like the Rivertown-facing facade, or the fake plant walls that obscure Leviathan), whilst being able to see the non-glammed parts when function takes priority over form. It's basic sightlines, but it pleases the part of me that is interested in the systems behind keeping rides operational, and the planning/design that goes into them.

Edited by Tricoart
  • Like 5

13 minutes ago, Tricoart said:

but I do kinda like bare buildings in places where sightlines don't matter as much.

Same honestly, why waste hundreds of thousands of dollars on extra themed exterior panels for an angle barely anyone will be able to see from inside the land. We also don't know if they have any plans for something back there that the train might be able to see. Maybe they can put a glass viewing window into the Tiger enclosure?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, New display name said:

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv.thumb.JPG.63daf16fa274d622e1b6a39724aaa6fd.JPG

This one irks me a lot - the final brake run could have benefitted from some love here for dual purpose - it would hide the maintenance building, but it can also potentially shelter the train on the brake run instead of baking riders in the sun if the train is stalled here for any reason. 

Given the fake greenery they've used elsewhere, a 'tunnel' of this greenery would be perfect here to hide the building, and make it look like you are diving back into the leviathan's lair.

Slideshow 1895-11: Arbor tunnel in Letny Sad (Summer Garden).  St.Petersburg, Russia (large size)