Jungle Rush Coaster

mattcrombie

1 hour ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

This one irks me a lot

For some reason it really sticks out to me, you have this immersive land with the Leviathan queue and the statues/gardens and then you have that white shed. Surely they could've painted it green or dark blue so it sticks out less?

As I said, at least Dreamworld are making the building green that mixes in with the trees around the show building, they could've done a Village where the white shed sticks out like a sore thumb.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, TBoy said:

For some reason it really sticks out to me, you have this immersive land with the Leviathan queue and the statues/gardens and then you have that white shed. Surely they could've painted it green or dark blue so it sticks out less?

As I said, at least Dreamworld are making the building green that mixes in with the trees around the show building, they could've done a Village where the white shed sticks out like a sore thumb.

That's true, while I'm annoyed at DW for not trying to put theming in the billabong view, I'm so glad they did not stoop down to the village level of white sheds.

30 minutes ago, TBoy said:

then you have that white shed. Surely they could've painted it green or dark blue so it sticks out less?

On this point, no. The gum tree gully canopy around JR isn't likely to suffer as badly as Levi is out on the spit - Keep the white shed - we've discussed colourbond colours and the queensland sun before - the darker colours aren't going to be kind to the temperature inside the shed, so white is fine - just hide it better.

image.png.60441a5f2fb69ef99373e1711f808b70.png

Tiger Island's renovation was largely applauded by us all and is considered the best themed animal exhibit and one of the best themed areas in any Aussie park. Just one of that reasons for that was the consideration of sight lines. As an example Atomiq had placed a Thai temple top on the Bazaar building to give the space additional depth as you approached the main entrance. No one had done stuff like that so well in yeaaaaars.

The tin shed exhibit with a painted facade that was added at the end of Tiger Island was then unequivocally panned as a giant mis-step because it was the total opposite to what came just months before, and was in no way immersive aesthetically in keeping with the brand.

If it's a green tin shed on the Tiger Island side, I'll get it, it's a big space that isn't the bit that most people will see,  but it'll be shit. One of the park's premiere events spaces is elevated and will be largely exposed to whatever they build over there. So if they do nothing and it's just tin shed, it'll really ruin the theme of what was previously an extremely profitable event space.

Within the context of all of that, I can totally understand why people are getting the shits on how it ruins Tiger Island, especially when Dreamworld are selling it as the most themed, most immersive, most wackadoo thing ever.

Sometimes I feel like it's one step forward, two steps back. 

• Like 1
  • Love it! 1

1 hour ago, Slick said:

I can totally understand why people are getting the shits on how it ruins Tiger Island

Those people being a few in this isolated forum getting disappointed by photos of unfinished construction. We still do not know what it will look like once it is completed, if/how it could be obscured, or what its general reception will be.

Edited by Tricoart
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Slick said:

Tiger Island's renovation was largely applauded by us all and is considered the best themed animal exhibit and one of the best themed areas in any Aussie park. Just one of that reasons for that was the consideration of sight lines. As an example Atomiq had placed a Thai temple top on the Bazaar building to give the space additional depth as you approached the main entrance. No one had done stuff like that so well in yeaaaaars.

The tin shed exhibit with a painted facade that was added at the end of Tiger Island was then unequivocally panned as a giant mis-step because it was the total opposite to what came just months before, and was in no way immersive aesthetically in keeping with the brand.

If it's a green tin shed on the Tiger Island side, I'll get it, it's a big space that isn't the bit that most people will see,  but it'll be shit. One of the park's premiere events spaces is elevated and will be largely exposed to whatever they build over there. So if they do nothing and it's just tin shed, it'll really ruin the theme of what was previously an extremely profitable event space.

Within the context of all of that, I can totally understand why people are getting the shits on how it ruins Tiger Island, especially when Dreamworld are selling it as the most themed, most immersive, most wackadoo thing ever.

Sometimes I feel like it's one step forward, two steps back. 

So far everyone has talked about how shit it is without knowing how it's going to be finished. And I'm not seeing many suggestions on how to finish it off?
I've got one - Given how Tiger Island itself hid the non-themed parts of buildings, maybe they could head down to bunnings for a couple rolls of bamboo fencing, and everyone would be happy, yeah?

image.thumb.png.e9cd2b2949fa84a1cf39b57301549a15.png

10 hours ago, Tricoart said:

Those people being a few in this isolated forum getting disappointed by photos of unfinished construction. We still do not know what it will look like once it is completed, if/how it could be obscured, or what its general reception will be.

Exactly, though given the progress, it would seem as though they aren't panelling the shed in the same way as the front of the temple, so I get the concerns - but it's still an unfinished job, and you know what they say about showing fools.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

So far everyone has talked about how shit it is without knowing how it's going to be finished. And I'm not seeing many suggestions on how to finish it off?

A full Temple.  Which we now know isn't happening.  Anything else isn't what DW promised.

Edited by New display name

42 minutes ago, New display name said:

A full Temple.  Which we now know isn't happening.  Anything else isn't what DW promised.

Do remind me when DW promised a full temple, cause I've been following this since the conception, and i dont remember that being promised.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, New display name said:

Do you see a shed or a Temple?  ⬇️

1617202779_Capture159.thumb.JPG.8db967dacab92f8de1524e62415bf59a.JPG

Do you see any non-Rivertown facing backstage areas of the temple here? And that image also has the basic NL2 background trees to make the image seem more full (behind that is just an expansive flat map), are you also disappointed that they didn't demolish those parts of Dreamworld to add the same background trees?

Edited by Tricoart
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, ShakeShack said:

Considering every bit of concept art we've seen come out of this land is drastically different, it's pretty apparent DW have no idea what the fuck they were doing.

Or Earthstory didn't in their concepting, and Pico was forced to turn their nonsense into a semi-coherent area.

just-a-theory-matpat.gif.426984b8685ae5d802c8c8fa87a78d59.gif

Edited by Tricoart

13 minutes ago, New display name said:

Do you see a shed or a Temple?  ⬇️

1617202779_Capture159.thumb.JPG.8db967dacab92f8de1524e62415bf59a.JPG

I also don't see the Rivertown restaurant which we know should be right next to the temple too...

3 minutes ago, ShakeShack said:

Considering every bit of concept art we've seen come out of this land is drastically different, it's pretty apparent DW have no idea what the fuck they were doing.

You're reaching.

4 minutes ago, New display name said:

DW tried to save money in the most important stage of the project, and it shows.  @Tricoart

The most important stage being the beautification of a backstage area, and not the ride hardware or the experience within the land itself?

Edited by Tricoart