The Flash: Speed Force coming to Movie World

Guest Moderator

2 hours ago, Tricoart said:

Guess they haven’t learned everything from Levi

There's always going to be things that happen after a ride is officially opened. Check out TT2...

The other thing to bear in mind is that we rarely have ride grand openings in cold and flu season either. Chances are they're working on opening crew and haven't had a chance to upskill other operators yet. One critical person gets sick and the whole thing can fall over.

What they have learned from Levi is that grand opening in a less-peak period means the impacts are not felt as hard, and they've got plenty of time to iron out the kinks before the next school holiday period starts.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

There's always going to be things that happen after a ride is officially opened. Check out TT2...

The other thing to bear in mind is that we rarely have ride grand openings in cold and flu season either. Chances are they're working on opening crew and haven't had a chance to upskill other operators yet. One critical person gets sick and the whole thing can fall over.

What they have learned from Levi is that grand opening in a less-peak period means the impacts are not felt as hard, and they've got plenty of time to iron out the kinks before the next school holiday period starts.

I agree, I’m talking solely about the website (having ‘Now Open’ & ‘Closed’ on the same page, for the same ride, at the same time).

• 2 weeks later...

Do people honestly expect ride specific merch for a non-flagship ride?

DC Rivals needs some for sure, and I expect Superman Escape and scooby also. Potentially even Green Lantern since it has that 'steepest drop' bit, but not Flash.

I think the extended flash merch is more than enough (and looks cool. My sons favourite hat is the red flash one)

43 minutes ago, Naazon said:

Yes! Doesn’t have to be for every kids rides, but I’d expect merch for Rivals, Superman Escape, The Flash, Green Lantern, Justice League 3D, Batwing, SDSC, Wild West Falls, Road Runner and maybe even Marvin the Martian since that’s there newest kids ride. Even Roxy Theatre and Hollywood Stunt Driver could have something.

5 minutes ago, themagician said:

Yes! Doesn’t have to be for every kids rides, but I’d expect merch for Rivals, Superman Escape, The Flash, Green Lantern, Justice League 3D, Batwing, SDSC, Wild West Falls, Road Runner and maybe even Marvin the Martian since that’s there newest kids ride. Even Roxy Theatre and Hollywood Stunt Driver could have something.

How much of that merch do you own?

Edited by New display name

33 minutes ago, themagician said:

Very little, but Movie World also has very little merch for their rides (even the park itself). I’d just like to see more park/attraction based merch in general instead of just having IPs on it.

I agree I always wanted to buy the Green lantern shirts the ride ops use to wear if they ever did sell them but genric ip merch can be good but usally its boring same old same old.

11 minutes ago, New display name said:

I think MW sell what sells.

The probelm is though the things they do sell you can find remarkbly simlar things in a genric clothes shop. Target for exampe. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 05/06/2024 at 9:49 AM, Naazon said:

DC Rivals needs some for sure, and I expect Superman Escape and scooby also. Potentially even Green Lantern since it has that 'steepest drop' bit, but not Flash.

I think the extended flash merch is more than enough (and looks cool. My sons favourite hat is the red flash one)

Yes. They produced merch specifically for doomsday. dreamworld produced merch for the claw. why not?

On 05/06/2024 at 10:36 AM, New display name said:

How much of that merch do you own?

My son is a huge fan of The Flash. He owns practically everything in the picture. He's been so excited for this ride - even though he isn't tall enough for it yet - but was content thinking that there'd be some new stuff in the shop to add to his collection. 

I'm kinda glad we decided not to renew our passes now so we have a good reason not to visit the park for a while.

• Like 1