Jane’s Rivertown Restaurant

17 hours ago, New display name said:

Fungal, bungle, uncle, peduncle, kunkel, truncal, carbuncle, Dunkel, struggle & smuggle all rhyme with Jungle, but i'm not convinced Jane rhymes with Jungle.   It's a rip off, even if people don't want to admit it.   

You don't think this name was AI generated too @Tricoart?

He may not always articulate his points well enough to be understood the first time around, but in this case it was obvious he meant alliteration rather than rhyming.

17 hours ago, Brad2912 said:

There is no doubt the name is chosen as a known reference to Jane from Tarzan. 

No doubt you say?

Google would like to disagree with you. 

And before anyone suggests that any 'jungle' links to the word jane have to be sourced from Tarzan, the Simpsons had a Jungle Jane character also, but this was based on Joan Embery

16 hours ago, Tricoart said:

Pointless arguing (again) aside: 

It's very rich of you to continue to assert that you're allowed to share your opinion, but when others do so, you refer to it as 'pointless arguing'.

18 minutes ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

No doubt you say?

Google would like to disagree with you. 

And before anyone suggests that any 'jungle' links to the word jane have to be sourced from Tarzan, the Simpsons had a Jungle Jane character also, but this was based on Joan Embery

Absolutely no doubt. 
Google doesn’t think like a human as it isn’t one, so doing a search and saying Google doesn’t agree doesn’t factor into the thought process of the creative/marketing people making naming decisions 

even the Simpsons choice of name Jane was, whether intentional or not, was linkage to Tarzan’s’ Jane. The character was based on Joan Embery as you said, but they chose Jane instead of Joan due to the fact of familiarity around jungle and the name Jane - and that all stems from Tarzan.

im not up in arms they chose Jane as the name, doesn’t bother me in the slightest, but it’s been chosen as a jungle linkage name that evokes a sense of commonality 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

It's very rich of you to continue to assert that you're allowed to share your opinion, but when others do so, you refer to it as 'pointless arguing'.

I’m referring to what was going on, including my own involvement, as ‘pointless arguing’, because that’s what it was. Someone said their piece, I tried to say mine, and it became a pointless argument where neither would budge from their side & were just repeating the same thing over and over again, hoping it’d get through to the other with some different wording so that what’s become an argument could be stopped neutrally (or, at least, that’s what it was on my side. Also, I don’t use ‘argument’ as an aggressive term, moreso like a pointless debate or bicker).

Edited by Tricoart
  • Like 1

Putting all this AI bickering aside, is anyone else absolutely f*cking PUMPED for Rivertown (and Wizard Of Oz) for setting a new standard for theming?!

This is what we’ve been crying out for all along and it’s starting to look like they’re delivering on their promises.

Surely this will be the new minimum standard on the GC moving forward… can’t wait to see what comes next from all parks in future developments 

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, New display name said:

I'm more excited for Rivertown

I’m in the same boat with this, however

38 minutes ago, New display name said:

OZ being a kids land means, I probably never bother with it

Don’t underestimate the enjoyment you get out of the Vekoma suspended family coaster (unless you’ve already ridden one). They’re a lot of fun and have heaps of re-ride ability.

I see Oz as being a family land, which Rivertown obviously is too, but again Rivertown is more exciting because of its originality and how well themed and detailed I’m expecting it to be.

6 hours ago, Michelangelo said:

Putting all this AI bickering aside, is anyone else absolutely f*cking PUMPED for Rivertown (and Wizard Of Oz) for setting a new standard for theming?!

This is what we’ve been crying out for all along and it’s starting to look like they’re delivering on their promises.

Surely this will be the new minimum standard on the GC moving forward… can’t wait to see what comes next from all parks in future developments 

I can’t wait for Rivertown and OZ! I’m so glad our parks are finally going back to making immersive themed areas with storytelling and not just plonking generic un-themed rides down with minimal effort. I just really hope our parks remain committed to this level of detail in future attractions and don’t see these as one off investments (which I fear they might). I’ll never forget how Movie World went from a totally immersive experience (that was pretty much on par with what Universal and other studio parks were doing at the time), to a park that built coasters in the car park with little to no theming at all (as good as those coasters may be) and allowed the overall presentation and guest experience to degrade in a pretty big way. Similar things can also be said about pre-Greg Dreamworld too. I hope these parks don’t repeat past mistakes and maintain a level of quality and continue to actually be proper “theme parks” instead of Six Flags style amusement parks. People are generally more attracted to these immersive experiences. I have numerous family members and friends (who typically aren’t into theme parks or rides) that are very excited about visiting OZ, just so they can take in the “spectacle” of it all. 

3 hours ago, themagician said:

Don’t underestimate the enjoyment you get out of the Vekoma suspended family coaster (unless you’ve already ridden one). They’re a lot of fun and have heaps of re-ride ability. 

TNT at Gumbuya World (which also has some great theming) is a fantastic coaster that packs quite a punch and is super enjoyable. The first drop can actually be pretty intense (especially if you’re in the back row). 

Edited by Noll_57
  • Like 1

On 29/08/2024 at 9:32 AM, Brad2912 said:

The character was based on Joan Embery as you said, but they chose Jane instead of Joan due to the fact of familiarity around jungle and the name Jane

They didn't call the character Joan because they potentially would get sued for using the name and likeness without permission. 

You can't say there is 'no doubt' when the name didn't derive its origins from the story. Tarzan doesn't have exclusive rights to the name and while it is most likely and almost certainly connected it is simply absurd to say without a doubt. 

On 29/08/2024 at 8:31 PM, New display name said:

I'm more excited for Rivertown.  OZ being a kids land means, I probably never bother with it unless my daughter decides she likes MW again.

I mean, Jungle Rush and Vintage cars are no more adult than Oz in terms of attraction 'thrill' levels.

The idea of what's more or less 'thrilling' becomes a subjective thing in these nitpicky scenarios, anyway. Like, the general 'Thrill', 'Family-Thrill', 'Family', and 'Kiddie' distinctions usually wouldn't have an overlap, but when you're comparing from the same rough distinction (like JR & FotWW seem to be w/ Family-Thrill), it just comes down to preferences over any statistic or force data. People could find FotWW scarier/more thrilling 'cause of it's slightly higher positive G's when compared to other sitdown family-thrill Vekomas, it being an invert, the tunnel after the drop, it's theme, etc. Or they could find JR scarier/more thrilling 'cause of it having more negative G's, it going backwards & having the tilted turntable, it being partially indoors, or it's own theme.

Edited by Tricoart
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

No, and I don't need to have been on it to know that some stats = more thrilling, whereas <null> stats = no thrills. That's why I said 'based on current information'. Quite happy for this to change once "no stats" becomes "some stats"

You don't like airtime elements?  Rivals without its airtime moments, would be a mediocre coaster.

The boss of DW has promised me 12 of them.

Edited by New display name

41 minutes ago, New display name said:

You don't like airtime elements?  Rivals without its airtime moments, would be a mediocre coaster.

The boss of DW has promised me 12 of them.

It's not the existence of airtime itself that makes it thrilling, it's the abruptness, forcefulness, and/or sustained amount of those moments, as well as the combination of other things with them ('whip' for the drop & NIL, speed for the return trip). DCR transitions into and out of -1g (ejector) pretty quickly during it's notable moments of airtime, whereas other comparable Vekoma Family coaster layouts have their airtime moments hover around 0g (floater) for a short amount of time, transition into and out of those moments much more 'gracefully', and take them at a much slower speed without any 'whip'. It's true that we don't know if this will be different or not, but the existence of airtime moments doesn't say a whole lot more than that negatives/floater is the main force the layout focuses on, unlike positives & 'whip' on FotWW.

Edited by Tricoart

Sorry to derail the thread back to the original topic, but the restaurant designs look great. 

The only thing I'm really keen to see more of is the menu and if they're going to theme the cuisine to the South American jungle theme also.  I would love some unique flavours that aren't available elsewhere in the park - even if it's just a few signature dishes and some seasonal specials.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, New display name said:

@TricoartI never said it was thrilling.  @themagiciantalked about MW coaster would be more thrilling and I said I didn't find TNT thrilling.  Let it be noted, I don't think JR will be thrilling but I do think it could be more enjoyable.

Ah that’s fair, and I do tend to agree with you there (but that’s more ‘cause I’m just not as much of a positives fan, and SFC restraints + my shoulders = pain).

Edited by Tricoart