Bring back Rainbow!

T-Rex

• 13 years later...

Finally!  It's been a long, tense 13 and a half years, but we've now got the definitive answer we've been waiting for.

Jokes aside, if Huss still made the Rainbow, it would have been a perfect addition to Sea World instead of Vortex, or even a Wipeout replacement.

Hopefully they, or another company can bring it back.  Something with similar height, speed and airtime, or even a super-sized version of it that is more suited to a permanent park install.

4 hours ago, Ashley Jeffery said:

Definitely not returning lol

Screenshot_20240618-171853_Facebook.jpg

I believe they are still working on it, operating off a reliable source who works in the industry. Spent money on blasting the steel relatively recently, they’re not binning it if they spent money on that. It’s also fibreglass, they can easily just get a third party to make new fibreglass parts it’s not that complex, and the restraints are getting changed heavily to bring the ride up to code anyway so this means nothing.

The owner has just spent a bit of money doing up Taipan that’s only just started going around the show circuit so this has sat on the back burner for a while

Edited by Baconjack
  • Like 2

On 18/6/2024 at 10:08 PM, Baconjack said:

I believe they are still working on it, operating off a reliable source who works in the industry. Spent money on blasting the steel relatively recently, they’re not binning it if they spent money on that. It’s also fibreglass, they can easily just get a third party to make new fibreglass parts it’s not that complex, and the restraints are getting changed heavily to bring the ride up to code anyway so this means nothing.

The owner has just spent a bit of money doing up Taipan that’s only just started going around the show circuit so this has sat on the back burner for a while

I can also confirm this, knowing the people working on this project. It's not quite ready just yet, but they are now working on this a bit more actively now that Taipan is up and running. I know that the Rainbow has been one of their passion projects for a while now, and I can't wait till it's finally up and running.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Gazza said:

As in the old SW Thrillseeker? Is it coming back now?

Yeah it’s now owned by the same guy as the rainbow (march’s), it’s just started doing shows again this year. Hasn’t hit any majors yet though unfortunately hopefully that changes in the future, there is a dearth of good rides at major shows these days beyond your generic swing and spew crap. Would love to see taipan (and rainbow when it’s up and running) back at the Easter show one day

Edited by Baconjack
  • Like 4