Jungle Rush Coaster

mattcrombie

5 minutes ago, Themepark Enthusist said:

Which ones?

Wandering Oakes sliding sleighs 

5 minutes ago, themagician said:

Are you getting this confused with the upcoming Donkey Kong coaster at Epic Universe?

image.thumb.jpeg.1e103a290d976d50f08d35549161d0ff.jpegThis is one of the concept art pictures on dreamworlds website it shows the timber slats on the track, (I know it’s only concept art) their animated pov also shows this on the track. Im assuming it’s not happening but I was just curious 😊

• Like 1

I think the TI-Cassowary path closed as the 12 pm show started as i saw some people filtering through and a staff member letting those people into TI. The other end of the path is now closed at the start of the Cassowary boardwalk/Corroboree Theatre

11 hours ago, Themepark Enthusist said:

I do find it interesting that Vekoma is calling it a "Family-Thrill" same to what leviathan was marketed as, maybe we could see similar intensity? Maybe this is Vekoma take on a Gravity Group family coaster?

Screenshot_20240624-205647~2.png

‘Family-Thrill’ is just an ever-increasing subset of coasters, meaning a ride that’s accessible to wider audiences (generally via a shorter ride height (in both meanings of the word), no major positives/ejector airtime, and by focusing on more ‘graceful’ shaping), whilst still containing some elements that pop (generally opting for graceful negatives > positives, so most leaning towards floater airtime, with boomerangs using spikes & some options including an inversion or 2), which parks are wanting to do more and more, both because they’re a safer investment than balls-to-the-wall thrill (as well as generally being cheaper before theming), and most parks have historically had a drought of rides in the genre, seemingly jumping straight from kiddie coasters to completely thrill-focused ones.

Vekoma’s been filling this subset with their models/rides for much longer than Gravity Group (think their Family Boomerangs, Mine Trains, recent SFC’s, & all their Disney coasters), and almost every major manufacturer has at least begun to dabble in ‘em, either with models solely for the category (Recent examples being the RMC Wild Moose, B&M Surf Coaster, Intamin Multi Dimension Coaster, & many other manufacturers’ Vekoma-like models), or by adapting their existing models’ layouts/features to suit a tamer experience (Mack Launch Coaster - Manta, B&M Wing Coaster - Mandrill Mayhem/Maximus, Intamin Blitz - Cheetah Hunt, etc.). 

Edited by Tricoart
  • Like 3

12 hours ago, Themepark Enthusist said:

I do find it interesting that Vekoma is calling it a "Family-Thrill" same to what leviathan was marketed as, maybe we could see similar intensity? Maybe this is Vekoma take on a Gravity Group family coaster?

I think people might need to lower their expectations if they believe if they believe Jungle Rush will be as intense as Leviathan from what we have seen.   The height of the first hill looks similar to a Vekoma Family Boomerang which has a top speed of 58kph.  In comparison Leviathan has a top speed of 80kph.  I think this JR will sit somewhere between 60kph & 70kph.

DW’s press release said -

“experience to everyone from younger generations to grandma and grandad”.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, New display name said:

lower their expectations if they believe if they believe Jungle Rush will be as intense as Leviathan from what we have seen

And in no way do I see Leviathan as a family or family thrill coaster, no matter what the park says. It may have a lower height requirement, but it’s the most thrilling attraction in the park.

In terms of thrill level, I suspect it will be most comparable too TNT at Gumbuya World/Flight of the Wicked Witch at Movie World. But honestly, I think Jungle Rush will stand on its own in terms of what it has to offer. 

• Like 5

17 hours ago, themagician said:

And in no way do I see Leviathan as a family or family thrill coaster, no matter what the park says. It may have a lower height requirement, but it’s the most thrilling attraction in the park.

In terms of thrill level, I suspect it will be most comparable too TNT at Gumbuya World/Flight of the Wicked Witch at Movie World. But honestly, I think Jungle Rush will stand on its own in terms of what it has to offer. 

I don't know if you're implying I said Leviathan was a family coaster @themagician?

There is a lot of discussions on the internet on what is a family coaster because we are starting to see more and more coasters categorised as thrill family coaster.  

MV rides press release calls it a family ride.  🤷‍♀️

December 2nd, 2022- Sea World Gold Coast today announced that it will open its newest family thrill ride, ‘Leviathan’ on Friday December 2nd at its theme park in Gold Coast Australia. The coaster will be the world’s first wooden coaster featuring four crossover sections. The custom theming is designed to represent a sea creature rising from the depths of New Atlantis, Leviathan reaches a top speed of 85km/h, rises over 32 meters high, and a total length of almost a kilometer of wooden track.

IMO, if Levi didn’t have the roughness/‘feel’ of a wooden coaster (especially one with Timberliners, from what I’ve heard of others at least), it would almost perfectly fit the ‘family-thrill’ category, albeit on the higher end of heights/speeds (e.g Expedition Everest). But, mainly due to said roughness, and partially due to the allure an imposing wooden coaster has here, ’family-thrill’ is a hard sell.

Edited by Tricoart