Movie World Scheduled Maintenance 2024

themagician

18 minutes ago, red dragin said:

Do we, as a 'community', feel like they've listened and are making an effort, at least on the communication side of things? 

IMO, they definitely are addressing those concerns somewhat, but there’s still a way for them to go. Their semi-openness about what’s going on currently (Superman queue/hydraulic launch fault, Doomsday destroyed, the vids & images of Flash/WoO construction, etc) is good, but some of these were done in ways that could’ve been more ‘open’ & less ‘reactionary’. Like, how they’ve now confirmed that Doomsday is closed ‘cause they’re figuring out what to do with the ride, but it’s already been that way for a while, and it’s still only stated as ‘Currently under maintenance’ on the website. Or, how they had the relatively large amount of hype-building posts for the Flash, an inherently reactionary ride in of itself, just to count it as officially open to no fanfare on a random Friday afternoon. Like, the fact they’re doing what they’re doing is a step up from the recent past, but it’s just not quite there yet (again, IMO).

Edited by Tricoart
  • Like 2

I don't understand why they are teasing a date to announce when DCR will open early because of Superman's issues .. if they're just painting it why can't they open it tomorrow? If they're working on the trains.. why work on both at a time? They never run two. 

The fact that nothing has been done to scooby is super disappointing.

22 minutes ago, Dean Barnett said:

They never run two. 

I feel we're hanging on to this statement a bit much. Last 9-10 times I have been there's been 2 trains operating. I think it was over a year ago since I only saw 1 train operate. I don't go heaps so I am sure they have run it with one train since then. But it's not like they never run 2

22 minutes ago, Dean Barnett said:

Nothing on site. Doesn't mean fabrication on bits of new track haven't begun 

Edited by REGIE

1 hour ago, Dean Barnett said:

Happy to be corrected - I haven't been there in ages - but only ever seen 2 trains in the first year (with one sitting on the holding brake for a few mins).. anyway

Last September they were running two on the weekend but only one during the week. Wait times were longer on the weekday 😕

Fabrication can happen with the ride still open

Scooby closed in a hurry. I'd say whatever needs fabricating wasn't planned. Mack seem to be doing a lot of coasters at the moment so I can see why this is taking so long. I too am disappointed however looking forward to what's to come.

8 hours ago, Dean Barnett said:

8 hours ago, Dean Barnett said:

Fabrication can happen with the ride still open

I have a feeling because the rides closure was so sudden it probably wasn’t planned to close that early and because nothing has happened their timeline to receiving the replacement tracks, etc was/is a while away.

In its last few months of operating there were hardly any cars on track and there doing nearly a full track replacement, which gives me the impression the ride was in such a bad state and became unsafe that it was too risky to keep open 

9 hours ago, Dean Barnett said:

I don't understand why they are teasing a date to announce when DCR will open early because of Superman's issues .. if they're just painting it why can't they open it tomorrow? If they're working on the trains.. why work on both at a time? They never run two. 

You are dismissing about every other mechanical part on the track they inspect, disassemble, replace & reassemble durring the downtime.

17 minutes ago, New display name said:

You are dismissing about every other mechanical part on the track they inspect, disassemble, replace & reassemble durring the downtime.

That is true. Often times the drive tires are taken off and the rubber is replaced 

10 hours ago, Dean Barnett said:

Happy to be corrected - I haven't been there in ages - but only ever seen 2 trains in the first year (with one sitting on the holding brake for a few mins).. anyway

Literally during the school holidays prior to closure DCR was running two trains.  It’s not a rare occurrence.

2 hours ago, themagician said:

I have a feeling because the rides closure was so sudden it probably wasn’t planned to close that early and because nothing has happened their timeline to receiving the replacement tracks, etc was/is a while away.

In its last few months of operating there were hardly any cars on track and there doing nearly a full track replacement, which gives me the impression the ride was in such a bad state and became unsafe that it was too risky to keep open 

SDSC’s major works were anticipated/planned. However unforeseen issues cropped up that brought the closure forward. Hence why work has not really taken place with the ride yet.

If such a popular ride can only operate with significantly less cars than usual for whatever reason it makes sense to close it imho, doesn’t mean it was unsafe.

• Like 1

Verry happy with MW doing this. I hope this is where they really start fixing up the park. My fingers are crossed that Wild West Falls has its effects working again once it reopens it hasnt been good since 2022 as most of my favourite effects were broken. 

• Like 1

On 17/05/2024 at 12:36 PM, Ryande16 said:

Heard a rumour floating around 

I'd love to hear where exactly you heard this. it sounds like you just made it up. (for all the reasons already explained in the thread)

On 17/05/2024 at 1:21 PM, TV15 said:

The other thing that I'm interested in is if they're getting INTAMIN out to also inspect and try to help them with Doomsday Destroyer and maybe something for FSF... seems like a long trip for one ride.

Intamin are quite a large company. They have different 'classes' or 'grades' of rides. They don't just have one technician that knows everything about every ride they've ever made. The team that would need to work on Doomsday would be unlikely to know anything about Superman, etc etc.

Also they're multi million dollar rides. A return flight from Europe to Aus is a drop in the maintenance ocean.

On 17/05/2024 at 9:23 PM, red dragin said:

My observation

Parkz and the public, have absolutely blasted Movie World about the state of the park and lack of communication. Rightly so! 

My question. 

Do we, as a 'community', feel like they've listened and are making an effort, at least on the communication side of things? 

Yes.

On 17/05/2024 at 9:57 PM, Dean Barnett said:

Because the maintenance team working on the ride may not have been able to give a firm date when they'd be ready to sign off? Because they've been told 'get it open as fast as you can' and they've done that, but promising a date that they miss because something isn't ready looks bad, and saying it'll open on May 29th is stupid if its ready a week earlier?

They frequently run two trains, and as a matter of fact were running two trains on the weekend. 

As for scooby, as has been pointed out numerous times - it was a forced closure and their time in the build pipeline is not yet here. There is no point gutting the ride now only to let the stage sit empty for x months. When the new parts arrive, bring in the machines, do it all in one go and save some cash.

I tell you what - for someone who claims to be such an expert in how to run a theme park you have no fucking idea about how anything in a theme park actually works. 

On 17/05/2024 at 10:32 PM, Dean Barnett said:

Happy to be corrected

You really aren't.

On 18/05/2024 at 6:35 PM, Dean Barnett said:

Finally some sense!

What exactly are you referring to? Everything in this thread has made perfect sense except your whinging.

It was to the post above it - how rivals opened early. 

The script could have been “we’re looking at opening rivals as soon as possible” - not “we’re going to announce when we think it will open”. They never the reopening - it just opened.  

Still surprised with the sudden closure of scooby - when their maintenance closures are so frequent. 

The script could have been “we’re looking at opening rivals as soon as possible” - not “we’re going to announce when we think it will open”. They never the reopening - it just opened.  

Still surprised with the sudden closure of scooby - when their maintenance closures are so frequent. 

If DC Rivals had a massive Matainence period and things done to it like when DW did for the Giant Drop that would make sense to do some reopening announcement.

Considering Rivals is not that old this is unlikley. your basicaly saying if Green Lantern Broke down and reopend a hour later Movie World should do a big announcement. Green Lantern has just reopened but at least we did a announcement for Dean. Moive World might tweet on their socials it has reopned but to make  a big thing about a ride reopening from matainence even if its their star atrraction makes no sense to make a big deal out of it. 

Incase you missed the countless other discussions about scooby its closed cause the ride has gone past its lifespan. The state of the ride is not fit for purpose they dont close it for fun. 

2 hours ago, Dean Barnett said:

Here's an idea, if you think you can do better, why don't you send your resume in? I'm sure they would appreciate your expertise in literally everything.

4 hours ago, Dean Barnett said:

They never the reopening - it just opened.  

I assume you meant to say they never announced the reopening?

And hopefully at some point in your life you will learn that just because you didn't see it, doesn't mean it didn't happen.

(and in the alternative, maybe just double check their socials before running your mouth?)

image.thumb.png.978ab2ed561e686aada130fe8f3b9f5c.png

3 hours ago, STRAWS said:

If DC Rivals had a massive Matainence period and things done to it like when DW did for the Giant Drop that would make sense to do some reopening announcement.

To be fair the video they put up explaining why DCR was reopening early \ why Superman was down, they did say "we look forward to sharing the reopening day of the DC Rivals Hypercoaster on our website and right here on our socials in the coming days" - so the expectation that they would announce it was set by the park, and they did exactly what they said they would.

2 hours ago, ShakeShack said:

Here's an idea, if you think you can do better, why don't you send your resume in? I'm sure they would appreciate your expertise in literally everything.

His expertise is limited to being behind a keyboard. 

• 5 weeks later...

I assume this is just a website technical error or they haven’t made sure it’s closed for all future dates on the maintenance page, but Doomsday is apparently (doubt it) reopening on July 2

IMG_4959.thumb.jpeg.8b62c96ba8d210ba1e08b3f98eaf7f28.jpeg

10 hours ago, New display name said:

Rivals has to go down again to finish its maintenance and SE is about to get a fit-out. 

I suspect that rivals repaint may have just been cancelled for this year and they’ll do it in next years maintenance (I don’t know for sure, but that’s what I’m thinking they’ll do).

And for Superman, they may stage the fit-out so the ride only closes on weekdays, reopens on weekends, then closes again. Or they alter the queue and stage the works so they can keep the ride open (depending on how extensive and invasive they are).

1 hour ago, themagician said:

And for Superman, they may stage the fit-out so the ride only closes on weekdays, reopens on weekends, then closes again. Or they alter the queue and stage the works so they can keep the ride open (depending on how extensive and invasive they are).

I can't remember MW ever doing a stage fit-out, can you?  DW did it with the kids zone but I don't recall MW doing one.