Dreamworld Maintenance Schedule 2024

4 hours ago, Narra said:

This has always been a problem for both WnW and WWW. Most Life Guards were hired seasonally even when they operated year round

Wet 'n' Wild has enough PPT staff to run the park during non peak periods, and hire more during peak. All the parks do; just helps having a group of people to begin with, and not starting from scratch each time.

They're not advertising for lifeguards at the moment, so it's probably not even that?

12 hours ago, ShakeShack said:

Wet 'n' Wild has enough PPT staff to run the park during non peak periods, and hire more during peak. All the parks do; just helps having a group of people to begin with, and not starting from scratch each time.

They're not advertising for lifeguards at the moment, so it's probably not even that?

WWW could have hired the new staff already but are still training them.   It you're hiring new staff each year, you don't have many experienced people to do the training.

2 minutes ago, New display name said:

WWW could have hired the new staff already but are still training them.   It you're hiring new staff each year, you don't have many experienced people to do the training.

True, but surely you'd do that with enough time to open the season with your entire park operating?

I wanted to apply a few weeks ago and the applications were already down so I doubt they haven't trained everyone in 3-4weeks. There's it looks like TOH isn't ready to open yet for maintenance the ride is nearly at 20yr old so wouldn't be surprised if they needed to replace some large parts to the slide, maybe even to do with the pumps or operating systems?

46 minutes ago, Themepark Enthusist said:

I wanted to apply a few weeks ago and the applications were already down so I doubt they haven't trained everyone in 3-4weeks. There's it looks like TOH isn't ready to open yet for maintenance the ride is nearly at 20yr old so wouldn't be surprised if they needed to replace some large parts to the slide, maybe even to do with the pumps or operating systems?

Point is, they've had months to do so. If you're closing you park for months, you should be opening with every attraction operating.

48 minutes ago, New display name said:

You could call it a soft opening.  It's probably better to train people to operate slides, when people are going down the slides.

You mean like other life guards who are also training? You don't close a park for months, to then "soft open" it again.

Motocoaster is now closed for the next five weeks.

IMG_5689.thumb.jpeg.17cbe49a98b2fbcf14b359e075d6822c.jpeg

It was already scheduled to close for a couple of weeks next months (which I presumed was Rivertown related). But with this maintenance extended and the store recently receiving a repaint, could this be due to a refurb or generally is maintenance?

I’m not expecting a track repaint, but a new theme overlay in the station, new signage and updating the stores fit out.

Maybe Intamins Dreamworld announcement next week includes new trains?

This is likely overthinking this, but one can hope (or be delusional)!

This is just embarrassing. You close the park for half the year, and you can't even reopen with everything open? 

Temple of Huey and Little Rippers are both down for the same dates, so its the entire slide tower. If it's maintenance, there's no excuse - which is why I said it can't just be maintenance - because its unbelieveable that they could be in this position without something else playing a factor. 

I understand why fully six has slides down. and triple vortex has ongoing issues. we all know this. But with temple and rippers down, they've opened for the season with 8 slides offline. *facepalm*

• 4 weeks later...