Movieworld downgrade of costuming

5 hours ago, Baconjack said:

Most people who are visiting movie world have not been on superman 400 times

To be fair, most people who are visiting MW spend their time in the queue talking to who they came with (or, soon, looking at their phone), not paying negative attention to the outfit that the ride op's wearing.

Parade characters having good costumes matters, ride ops significantly less so. Yes, standardizing staff uniforms is/was a step into the direction of prioritizing efficiency over experience, but it's a step that's been followed by many more detrimental ones.

Edited by Tricoart

1 hour ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

If a parade character falls in the woods, and i'm not there to see it because i'm in line for a ride, does it matter?

For balance, DW uniforms also suck.

If Kenny falls out of a tree, does it matter?

On another note, do people think DW will follow other places lead and stop Koala interaction?

15 minutes ago, New display name said:

For balance, DW uniforms also suck.

They do and they've been like that for quite some time (at least a decade?). I don't think I can remember a time when DW had custom uniforms for attractions; I know they did, but I can't remember when they was phased out. I am really hoping the park goes the extra mile for Rivertown and they have custom uniforms for those attractions.

If Kenny falls out of a tree, does it matter?

To WHSQ it does.

On another note, do people think DW will follow other places lead and stop Koala interaction?

Most likely. With the upcoming changes to Tiger Island, it's only a matter of time before its phased out. But it brings in decent money for the park, so I'd say they'll try and keep it around for as long as possible.

Dreamworld did have custom uniforms for Nick Central when it was around, and Gold Rush Country (Eureka and Thunder River, Log Ride and sometimes Giant Drop) had a different uniform as well similar to Wild West Falls but in blue. I think Motocoaster also had a seperate polo shirt for at least the first few years as well. It certainly was a thing in the mid 2000's. Each department also had different standard uniforms too. Operations had the blue with yellow trim, cleaners had green or red shirts and food and beverage was blue and black.

One of the great things about Dreamworld was not having to wash your own uniforms either. You would go to work in whatever clothes you wanted, and pick up freshly laundered uniforms each day. Not sure if that's still the case or not (Movie World was the same, except you had to wear the "day uniform" to work and keep it on you in case you had to move to a ride that didn't have a set theme)

Hopefully with the majority of the decent management that was at Movie World in the mid 2000's now at Dreamworld, we might see something special for Rivertown (and future attractions) to really bring back that kind of sparkle.

• Like 3