Jane’s Rivertown Restaurant

15 hours ago, New display name said:

You don't like airtime elements?  Rivals without its airtime moments, would be a mediocre coaster.

The boss of DW has promised me 12 of them.

...And one of the bosses at Village promised me world class but i'm still waiting. 

We have no stats for JR. So I'll wait until I see the STATS. Until then, based on the STATS we know for TNT, FOWW is more thrilling. Because it literally has more than zero.

STATS can go suck on a lollipop.  Motocoaster & Jet Rescue have very similar STATS, but one sucks.  Use your eyes.  Currently my eyes are please by JR.  It looks like a fun little ride.  The next test will be when we experience JR.

We also now have 2 JR rides. 🤦‍♂️ Jungle Rush.  Jet Rescue.  The AI didn't think of that.

Edited by New display name
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Ashley Jeffery said:

Any chance the mods can clean this up and give these people thier own thread to argue in?

Who is arguing?   🤦‍♂️ I'm telling Dapto what I like and Dapto is telling me what he likes.  I'm fine with Dapto having his own opinion.  Maybe this stuff is over your head @Ashley Jeffery.

3 minutes ago, New display name said:

Who is arguing?   🤦‍♂️ I'm telling Dapto what I like and Dapto is telling me what he likes.  I'm fine with Dapto having his own opinion.  Maybe this stuff is over your head @Ashley Jeffery.

Well take it to the proper thread then maybe? Instead of filling an unrelated thread with shit you could pm each other.

5 minutes ago, Ashley Jeffery said:

Well take it to the proper thread then maybe? Instead of filling an unrelated thread with shit you could pm each other.

Or you could just block my comments so it won't upset you, every time I post,  but we already know you won't.

On second thoughts.  I've just block you so I no longer have to witness you crying.  WIN, win for me.  

1 hour ago, New display name said:

STATS can go suck on a lollipop.  Motocoaster & Jet Rescue have very similar STATS, but one sucks.  Use your eyes.  Currently my eyes are please by JR.  It looks like a fun little ride.  The next test will be when we experience JR.

We also now have 2 JR rides. 🤦‍♂️ Jungle Rush.  Jet Rescue.  The AI didn't think of that.

I agree stats are simply numbers. The Lex Luthor Drop of Doom is taller then the Giant Drop yet almost everyone who have ridden both have said Giant Drop is better.

44 minutes ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

Because of it's similarity to Tarzan, the ride has now been renamed to 'Rush'.

I have to be honset I dont know what you guys think but the name Jungle Rush in my opnion is a shit name. It doesnt need to be a Ip name as well. Just something that doesnt sound like a primary school kid named it.

29 minutes ago, Ashley Jeffery said:

They are explaining their opinions even if they are disagreeing with each other, it is completely relevant to the topic and thread, and they aren’t arguing.

Edited by STRAWS
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, STRAWS said:

I have to be honset I dont know what you guys think but the name Jungle Rush in my opnion is a shit name. It doesnt need to be a Ip name as well. Just something that doesnt sound like a primary school kid named it.

Our most renowned coaster is a hypercoaster with no theming aside from some vague DC hero/villain comic panels in the queue, called ‘DC Rivals: Hypercoaster’. A coaster generally considered to be up there with the best in the world, both in theme and layout, is a coaster themed to Velociraptors from Jurassic World called ‘Jurassic World: Velocicoaster’, If the theme matches the name, and the experience (theme & layout) is done well, I don’t really mind what the name is, though IMO nothing local gonna beat Leviathan in the field of ‘cool thematic names’.

Edited by Tricoart

1 hour ago, Ashley Jeffery said:

oh it's definitely a related thread. 

It's the very nature of discussion forums - especially when the topic at hand has run out of information (until the next update at least) - things are gonna tangent. 

Whinging about the tangents is doing more damage to the discussion than just scrolling past it. Rest assured the topic will go back to the title when more information is available.

On 3/9/2024 at 12:15 PM, STRAWS said:

I agree stats are simply numbers. The Lex Luthor Drop of Doom is taller then the Giant Drop yet almost everyone who have ridden both have said Giant Drop is better.

On the contrary Hair raiser at LPS is less than half of giant drop’s height and is miles more intense than giant drop…

On 03/09/2024 at 12:15 PM, STRAWS said:

Circling back because I must have missed this the first time around. 

I think LLDoD is better. I really like the overview it gives of the park, and it frequently operates both sides so you get a choice of which view you have (within reason of the sorter).

My son also prefers LLDoD, though his opinion is primarily because he's allowed to ride DoD, but isn't allowed to ride GD for another 18 months. 

14 hours ago, Baconjack said:

On the contrary Hair raiser at LPS is less than half of giant drop’s height and is miles more intense than giant drop…

That isn't really on the contrary. The original comparison was between two rides of the same type. You've introduced a third, similar ride and argued its better than both, and you could be right on that point, but it isn't comparing apples with apples, which was STRAWS' point, I believe, about two identical ride models.

52 minutes ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

Circling back because I must have missed this the first time around. 

I think LLDoD is better. I really like the overview it gives of the park, and it frequently operates both sides so you get a choice of which view you have (within reason of the sorter)

My son also prefers LLDoD, though his opinion is primarily because he's allowed to ride DoD, but isn't allowed to ride GD for another 18 months. 

If the reason is because of the 10 year old age limit which im assuming it is if he was able to go on LLDod the staff never check and I have witnessed multiple times people under 10 going on GD. Outta curiosity is the LLDoD about the same in intensity as GD?.

1 hour ago, STRAWS said:

If the reason is because of the 10 year old age limit which im assuming it is if he was able to go on LLDod the staff never check and I have witnessed multiple times people under 10 going on GD. Outta curiosity is the LLDoD about the same in intensity as GD?.

Wait - it was you who made the statement that GD was better - now you're telling me you haven't even been on LLDoD? (and I realise, on re-reading, that you never said you'd been on, just that others had said it)

Yes, it's the age limit, hence why I said he isn't allowed to ride for another 18 months. I'm not aware of any other Intamin Giant Drop with an age limit, though I acknowledge that Dreamworld has said the age is a manufacturer's requirement. 

As for people under 10 riding GD, that may well be, but I don't go against Park Rules on rider requirements, and he understands that parks have rules for a reason. He has seen the story of Tyre Sampson, and he knows its because the park modified the restraint. He thinks it sucks, but he won't ride it as long as the park says he can't, which is admirable. I think its deplorable that parents would lie about their child's age or capability to ride in order to skirt the rules.

Realistically both rides fall at the speed of gravity, and despite the differing heights, the drop time FEELS very similar when riding. The view is different, but I would say the intensity of both rides is similar enough that I couldn't really tell them apart save for a side by side comparison (which will never happen when there's a 12 hour flight separating the two rides). The view is my main reason for rating Lex higher, which has nothing to do with intensity. The ride is pretty much the tallest structure on top of a mountain though, so the 'feeling' of being higher may be at play...