Jungle Rush Coaster

mattcrombie

17 hours ago, HarryHeHe8 said:

I'm not sure, but what I think will happen is because of the turntable, the ride will end up in a different orientation when re-entering the station at the end of the ride, therefore having a different experience on the next cycle. If not that, then most likely it will have different planned cycles that it will cycle in between. At first you most likely will only be able to ride it once a day lol. the ride is by far one of the most anticipated in the history of dreamworld.

Hardly. It’s probably just exaggerating the fact there’s multiple options on how you ride (backwards or forwards).

Realistically theres little with the design of the ride to suggest different cycles. The layout is only designed to really traverse the course in a specific direction at a specific speed which produces safe amounts of forces on the track, supports and riders. This isn’t a vekoma boomerang. You couldn’t have it drop straight down from the top of the turntable, the curve after that drop is far too tight to traverse safely based on the layout drawings and I don’t think it would get the momentum to reach the turntable again going in that direction. Unless you make the ride move through the indoor section multiple times or have it drop straight into the section that goes to the brake run, there’s little variation in the layout possibilities that make sense. With the cycle it’s probably running the train is returning to the station in the same direction you left. 

Edited by Baconjack

On 29/05/2024 at 3:09 PM, Baconjack said:

Hardly. It’s probably just exaggerating the fact there’s multiple options on how you ride (backwards or forwards).

Realistically theres little with the design of the ride to suggest different cycles. The layout is only designed to really traverse the course in a specific direction at a specific speed which produces safe amounts of forces on the track, supports and riders. This isn’t a vekoma boomerang. You couldn’t have it drop straight down from the top of the turntable, the curve after that drop is far too tight to traverse safely based on the layout drawings and I don’t think it would get the momentum to reach the turntable again going in that direction. Unless you make the ride move through the indoor section multiple times or have it drop straight into the section that goes to the brake run, there’s little variation in the layout possibilities that make sense. With the cycle it’s probably running the train is returning to the station in the same direction you left. 

That is also true. What I was trying to suggest is that theres most likely 4 cycles: the forward train and backwards train most likely have 1 or 2 different cycles each. I may be wrong though. I guess the only way to find out for sure is to wait until the ride opens or Dreamworld releases another update.

1 hour ago, Gazza said:

So, that maroon and grey/blue Switchback prototype seen at the Vekoma factory:

Jungle Rush Coaster - Page 5 - Theme Park Discussion - Parkz Forums - Theme  Park Community

Well, it was intended for Vidanta world in Mexico:

image.thumb.png.0dc54653a1133efc76b705f0a8235714.png

image.thumb.png.89ef04e3dc96a061b89196b9c9d72569.png

Source

https://coasterforce.com/forums/threads/vidanta-world-mexico-theme-park.38448/page-2

Interesting they’ve already sold 2 models before a single one has open, that’s a positive sign for the ride model ig. Also interesting to note the added ties on the on-site track of this variant, seemingly showing it’s going to use the ‘mine train’ wooden crossties seen in the concept video for, and previously assumed to be present on, Jungle Rush.

Edit: Actually, is it certain this is the same model as Jungle Rush? All it’s noted as is a ‘Switch Back Mine Train’ in Vekoma’s delivery info, which sounds moreso like their modern actual Mine Train ride model, perhaps one with a segment similar to Expedition Everest, than a somewhat-Mine Train with JR’s inclined turntable. The only thing that points towards the turntable is a curved platform, but I don’t see anything about it that points specifically to a JR-esque turntable walkway moreso than a walkway adjacent to a turn into/out of the station.

Edited by Tricoart

which sounds moreso like their modern actual Mine Train ride model

I'd heard a while back that a 2nd one was going to park somewhere in Mexico, so this would be it.

It appears Vekoma make two styles of mine train track. The full sized ones are like Big Thunder in Paris, Choco Chip Creek etc. Wheels on the inside of the track.

The other type is more like their junior coaster track, but with the spine set down a bit to allow fake wooden sleepers to be bolted on. Wheels on the outside of the track.

The latter is what you can see has been delivered to Vidanta World.

7 minutes ago, New display name said:

The current gaps between the theming pieces look awful.   I'm sure these gaps won't be there when it's completed, right?

Probably will be filled in with something. If they are though, there is going to be exterior theming that will hide the light.

46 minutes ago, themagician said:

I’d say they’ll most likely be filled in once the external sheeting is up. You might not even notice during the ride because it’ll be reasonably dark during this show moment.

If they are having issues closing the gaps internally, won't they have the same issues externally.    A tube of no-more-gaps won't cut it.  🤣

Maybe it's a measure twice, cut once technique. They are lifting everything into place, securing in into position temporarily and then once they have confirmed it's all correct they will adjust as needed to make it all fit perfectly. This is probably wrong, but just trying to think of reasons why they would have it like this.

On 07/06/2024 at 10:15 PM, Ogre said:

vlc_avV9ETeyqb.thumb.jpg.15f12171dd44aa3940e4a9fff23a993d.jpg

Looking at this picture, you can see between the coaster supports that the panels are designed to fit perfectly together. I'm sure there is a reason for it, but it isn't obvious to me why.

There is more panels up then shown in that photo, which is why I have raised the question because to close the gaps you would have to move every panel they have installed.

4 minutes ago, themagician said:

Looking at this picture, you can see between the coaster supports that the panels are designed to fit perfectly together. I'm sure there is a reason for it, but it isn't obvious to me why.

I hope so too.  

2 hours ago, Ash said:

Could be purely for expansion/contraction. Either way it will be fixed

It's not for expansion/contraction.  All I am doing is observing the current state of the walls going up and hoping it's not the finished product.  

9 minutes ago, deano554 said:

my guess this part of the ride will be in the dark or low lighting, and you will be moving fast

Did you read the part where I said I hope the outside isn't like the inside?