Jungle Rush Coaster

mattcrombie

1 hour ago, Tricoart said:

The concept art for the temple & Vintage Cars are both very South American inspired (ancient civilisations enveloped in overgrown forest with massive pyramid temples, large trees, canyons, & waterfalls, toucans, etc.), meaning the temple references would have been either Mayan or Incan. ‘Jungle’ is used interchangeably with ‘Rainforest’ here, cause though there’s slight difference in tree canopies, something referred to colloquially as a ‘Jungle’ is generally considered to be a ‘Rainforest’ biome/ecosystem. And I’m assuming that this rainforest’ll be Australian due to having the company involved be named ‘Tasman’, the river being the ‘Murrissippi’, it’s location in the park, & it’s theme harkening back to the OG Rivertown. 

My point is, if you’re selling immersive theming above all else, and (from posts here), trying to tell a unique story through the land, I’d like to see effort put into attention to detail & cohesion around that story. And, though objectively nitpicks, all the things mentioned (especially the existence of the temple) should’ve been thought about when developing said story if it is to be as immersive, and the land is to be as driven by it, as has been said. Not that it’s out of the question that they have thought about it, cause not a lot is known and they could have reasoning, but those are my hypothetical questions/nitpicks as of now.

Also, there’s a reason I hyperlinked Parkz in the message, ‘cause nitpicking is kinda the bread & butter here (Movie World speakers not playing the right music/paint chipping/car show not being as good as it was 10-15 years ago, Sea World not having X ride type, or MW/DW’s respective marketing strategies, to name some recent ones that come to mind), so I didn’t think there’d be much issue with doing so here.

Bruh its not that deep. Can we just enjoy the theming instead of correcting every single element basing it on where its from etc.I joined this Forum to learn about our parks and I enjoy the conversations and diffrent opinions of other people. I didnt join for a Geography lesson. Im looking forward to Junge Rush and I think its going to be a massive drawcard for vistors

2 hours ago, New display name said:

I never pay much attention to a story,  cohesion and how it looks, is all I care about.

If MC shop facade can been be seen for the new area and isn't re-themed to match, no story will fix what my eyes see.

While I do agree with wanting Motor Coaster getting a retheme to match Jungle Rush Im not going to have a conniption about it if they dont. You and you only can choose to look at the good things or point out 1 tiny spec of dust to complain about. Unless its a massive eyesore its not a big issue.

Edited by STRAWS
Spelling
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, STRAWS said:

While I do agree with wanting Motor Coaster getting a retheme to match Jungle Rush Im not going to have a conniption about it if they dont. You and you only can choose to look at the good things or point out 1 tiny spec of dust to complain about. Unless its a massive eyesore its not a big issue.

MC the ride is tucked away so I don't care if they re-them the ride but I do think the shop should change to a Rivertown shop.

50 minutes ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

It's not a fucking history lesson, nor is it a geography one. It's entertainment. They don't have to be period and location accurate. Just because it doesn't fit your narrative, doesn't mean they haven't had attention to detail or anything else you care to complain about. For once we're getting something that's actually THEMED and we can SEE the level of DETAIL in the THEMING elements before CONSTRUCTION is even FINISHED and instead of talking about how COOL the ROCKWORK looks or how TWISTY the track elements are or how FUN the MULTIMILLION DOLLAR ROLLERCOASTER looks - you're going to whinge about AI involvement (again) and by extension seek to rubbish all other elements of the design scope from the comfort of your Kmart gamers chair by the glow of your ANKO brand LED strip lighting.

I'm asking questions based on what I can see from the project so far, I'm not trying to state fact & it doesn't involve you in any way, so there's no reason to feel personally slighted. Either take your meds or touch some grass, whatever works to calm you down.

20 minutes ago, New display name said:

MC the ride is tucked away so I don't care if they re-them the ride but I do think the shop should change to a Rivertown shop.

I feel like it'll stay as-is 'til they decide to change/remove the whole ride to fit whatever theme they choose, so they don't change it just for it to be gone in a couple years.

Edited by Tricoart
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, New display name said:

I was wishful thinking, JR temple would be a complete temple and not just a facade.  😥 

Same here, but it seems that the tiger island side won't get a lovely view. Shame it will somewhat ruin the tiger island with a big metal wall. At least Big Red Car kept the old Gum Tree Gully type facade on that side, and it wasn't as tall. Oh well, at least the coaster itself will hopefully make up for it.

As some wise people on here have once said before, just wait until the final result. There might be vines / something covering it to make it look more temple like. It’s not from the front anyway. At least it’s not a plain white shed… but in saying that, even with Levi being a plain white shed, it has been labeled as one of the best themed stations in the world so… 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brods said:

even with Levi being a plain white shed, it has been labeled as one of the best themed stations in the world so… 

They do tend to do a pretty good job of hiding the shed from GP sightlines from within the precinct. Sure you can see it across the park from other vantage points, but I could see Nintendo Land from the Waterworld Show in USJ, so... there's only so much you can do. Heck - Disney just paints things go away green and calls it a day so maybe we just paint the back of JR green and move on?

(then we can say the ride is 'disney standard'!

The important thing with JR is when you are seeing it from the "Money shot" view coming into Rivertown up near MDMC, you 100% cannot see the show building due to the way the temple steps up, and the fact the building is a sort of wedge shape, so the side walls are inherently not visible.

And of course I imagine the closer you get to the ride, the harder it is to see the top tiers of the roof.

Edited by Gazza
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Brods said:

As some wise people on here have once said before, just wait until the final result. There might be vines / something covering it to make it look more temple like. It’s not from the front anyway. At least it’s not a plain white shed… but in saying that, even with Levi being a plain white shed, it has been labeled as one of the best themed stations in the world so… 

People are talking about the inside of the station as best themed.  The white shed, never.

@Gazza, seeing the shed from a well themed, immersive tiger island, isn't the best. 

Is it the end of the world - No.

Am I going to bring it up when talking about it, on this stage - Yes.

Edited by New display name

13 minutes ago, New display name said:

@Gazza, seeing the shed from a well themed, immersive tiger island, isn't the best. 

Given the positioning, seeing a jungle temple themed building behind the jungle temple themed Tiger Island should at least be more bearable than seeing a Big Red Car Ride.

Edited by Tricoart

8 minutes ago, New display name said:

Have you seen what DW is currently cladding the temple with, on the Tiger Island side?

I have now, and though it mightn’t be themed like the rest of the temple building’ll be, I still stand by it being better than what it was.

Edited by Tricoart
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Tricoart said:

I have now, and though it mightn’t be themed like the rest of the temple building’ll be, I still stand by it being better than what it was.

It could be a missed opportunity.  I'm currently witnessing is 2 similar themed areas dived by the Great Green Wall of DW.  When the train is reinstated, will the the train conductor announce, "we are now passing through Colorbond Canyon.  With green colorbond walls, either side of the track.

2 hours ago, Tricoart said:

Given the positioning, seeing a jungle temple themed building behind the jungle temple themed Tiger Island should at least be more bearable than seeing a Big Red Car Ride.

Maybe that's true, but at least Big Red Car had the old Gum Tree Gully side facade to back it up, that was something, and it wasn't nearly as obvious, I never remembered noticing it at all, but now when I'm at tiger island, its just so big i cant not look at it (sorry for the grammar lol)

9 minutes ago, HarryHeHe8 said:

Maybe that's true, but at least Big Red Car had the old Gum Tree Gully side facade to back it up, that was something, and it wasn't nearly as obvious, I never remembered noticing it at all, but now when I'm at tiger island, its just so big i cant not look at it (sorry for the grammar lol)

That’s fair, but for the ride Dreamworld wants to make, the size of the building was an inevitability. And, if the issue is the building drawing your eyes to it or not, it’s nicknamed ‘Go Away Green’ for a reason, as it’s used to blend the structure in with surrounds as to keep guests’ eyes off of it. Having it be a detailed temple facade would’ve drawn your eyes more. Would have been a better thing to look at, yes, but would draw more eyes nonetheless.

Edited by Tricoart
  • Like 1