Scooby Doo Spooky Coaster Overhaul

Spotty

14 hours ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

Sure - but I don't think it should be - its the perfect spot for it, it takes new riders unawares, the blades make people think they're going to hit them so they're a little afraid, and the car is tilted in a way that all riders are unobstructed for the camera.

I also don't think the doors being in a high(er) speed place where there's no safety brake in case the doors fail to open is a good idea - if the doors fail, you either crash into the door or theres a new brake that results in a valley?

My thought was that the doors might be the opening to the elevator.

On 30/9/2024 at 8:11 AM, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

i'm not so sure the new showdoors in the update are going to be in that particular spot just because its the same shape and colour.

I just watched a POV of the ride and based off the slanted walls with the skeleton, these doors are indeed after the swinging axes 

On 30/09/2024 at 8:42 AM, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

Sure - but I don't think it should be - its the perfect spot for it, it takes new riders unawares, the blades make people think they're going to hit them so they're a little afraid, and the car is tilted in a way that all riders are unobstructed for the camera.

I also don't think the doors being in a high(er) speed place where there's no safety brake in case the doors fail to open is a good idea - if the doors fail, you either crash into the door or theres a new brake that results in a valley?

There's nowhere else in the ride that has sloped red walls like this, so I'm not sure of the reason for denying the doors being there.

I can see the doors have a seam at the edge so im presuming its like the doors on Test Track where they normally slide apart, but if they fail to open there are spring loaded hinges so they function like old ghost train school crash doors.

image.thumb.png.8b62959508755418b3212863c996073b.png

Edited by Gazza
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Gazza said:

There's nowhere else in the ride that has sloped red walls like this, so I'm not sure of the reason for denying the doors being there.

I can see the doors have a seam at the edge so im presuming its like the doors on Test Track where they normally slide apart, but if they fail to open there are spring loaded hinges so they function like old ghost train school crash doors.

Some more evidence to your point

image.thumb.png.acf9f4c880b7fdcbec7b0dc74db305ba.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gazza said:

I'm not denying them being there. 

I expressed doubt to ogre's suggestion, and explained my reasons for doubting it. 

You replied that the camera could be moved. 

I responded that I don't think it should be moved and again explained why I felt they shouldn't be going there. That's all.

I agree, the walls and doorway matches. After more info being posted I agree it's the most likely place (but just as a camera can move, so can a doorway or a sloped wall.)

I still don't think its the best place for a set of show doors for the reasons i've already given (and I think the suggestion of doors in front of the lift, so you can't see it arrive, etc would be really cool too) - but i'm not a ride designer - just a person with an opinion.