18 minutes ago, themagician said:

Oh I really hope they just haven’t updated the mazes page yet, because repeating some mazes for the third year in a row is bad enough, but no new mazes would be an actually joke.

I think the mazes arent changing unfortunetly are you still going to go if it is the same?

On 20/07/2024 at 7:05 AM, Rydah Hi said:

I can confirm we are indeed getting a Beetlejuice Maze this year, since the other day, I did saw a tiny little bit of the inside of the show building where the Showcase was, and there was a theming piece of the Dante's Inferno Room from the movie.

3 hours ago, Levi said:

However, some years this happens then they start their maze announcements and the old ones are removed, so who knows. however, Beetlejuice is getting its own maze from what i’ve heard and what people here have seen.

In previous years they have removed the old mazes prior to selling tickets and had "locked" mazes to be announced. There is no doubt this is the maze lineup this year.

So no Beetlejuice Maze.... He also is not mentioned in conjunction with WB Horror Encounters, considering he is not yet mentioned at all on the website other than the teaser image perhaps we are looking at a show? 

5 minutes ago, Park Addict 93 said:

So no Beetlejuice Maze.... He also is not mentioned in conjunction with WB Horror Encounters, considering he is not yet mentioned at all on the website other than the teaser image perhaps we are looking at a show? 

If this is the case possibly they could have the show inside the Showstage? The construction could be them restoring it as it hasn't been used in 10+ years.

i believe they just haven’t updated the maze line up, from people who have audition for positions i’ve heard a Beetlejuice maze is happening so who knows. we’ll find out when they start posting announcements im guessing tonight.

Do they have rocks in their head? I’m pretty sure last years event received very little positive feedback and most of the mazes were underwhelming, especially DCeased. So unless they’ve improved the mazes (which I doubt), it’s amazing how they’ve taken what used to be a fantastic event and ruined that too. The ‘horror encounters’ sounds interesting, but it seems like it’s just meet n greets, which you could sort of already do with the roaming characters. I hope what ever they’re going announce with Bettlejuice is interesting, but otherwise this years event announcement is a big miss.

• Love it! 3

Looking at this years events offerings in detail, the only thing that’s actually new for the event is two panic rooms and Bettlejuice being involved.

Obviously the five mazes are returning and a couple of them are really good, but when this is also their third year at the event, it really doesn’t have the same effect as new mazes.

They say the three precincts are new (this is also a downgrade as there’s usually 4 or 5), but two are on Main Street and sound the same as previous years and then there’s one towards the maze area, but it also sounds like previous years. The images they’re using for the precincts has also been used before.

The horror encounters, while they haven’t had this before, they’re just using previous years maze costumes and now you can get a photo op with them, meh.

The panic rooms, a couple of ‘new’ ones, not sure if they’re recycled versions of previous ones. And the other six they have available, I’m fairly sure some of them have been around for several years too.

Theres also the other entertainment they have during the event and it seems to be a repeat too.

So in conclusion, there’s not really anything new at the years event. And considering last years event was pretty weak, I’d argue based off the information we have, this year will be weaker. I’d love to be proven wrong and I can only hope that they’ve tweaked and improved last years offerings to make them better versions, but I have my doubts. The introduction of Bettlejuice is cool, but feels like it’s a potential waste if he’s just ‘hosting’ the event. There was so much potential to use that IP for a maze. And when the event now costs from $89, is 30 minutes shorter than last year and there ‘extras’ cost even more, I don’t think any aspect of this is worth it.

Let’s hope they put some decent time and effort into the event next year and they bring five new mazes, actually new precincts and make this event exciting again. Otherwise, it’s not going to last much longer.

24 minutes ago, themagician said:

The images they’re using for the precincts has also been used before.

Just on this point - they don't normally have updated imagery until they've finished interviews and done their TVC shoots and such - we haven't heard calls for any of that yet, so there may be updated images and TVC spots once this year's crew are onboard.

From what i've heard, mazes are largely unchanged, but the effort is going into other elements of the event. Considering they're in the midst of constructing 3 new rollercoasters and an entirely immersive themed land, i'm gonna cut them a break on a big IP maze spend this year.

I've been saying for years now that people are complaining about the standards dropping, but still paying money to go - the problem is as long as the money keeps rolling in, they're not going to stop cutting the standards because those who are paying them are still sending the strongest message that it's ok by giving them your money.

If you don't like what you've seen - don't buy a ticket. don't go. A drop in ticket sales is the only thing that they're going to notice.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, themagician said:

But they could do non-IP mazes? Surely they’re cheaper and in recent years their non-IP mazes have been so much better.

We know the mazes are mostly left in place from year to year, so the cost of re-running an established maze is close to nil. even a non-ip maze requires concept, development, construction, etc. it's cheaper to rerun the same thing, obviously.

11 minutes ago, New display name said:

Does that mean you are going this year?

Nope.

Luna Park Sydney has done similar, Halloscream was a strong event, and was absolutely great in 2022. They spent a fortune on the Shit Circus, I mean Dream Circus; and the 2023 was completely gutted, like pathetic, at the same prices. And it looks like more of the same this year. I echo the sentiment, if you're unhappy vote with your feet.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

Nope.

You got things back to front.

1.  You can't give it a pass if you're not going.  A pass is only achieved if you attend.

2. FN generates money, which assists in paying for new attractions.  If people don’t attend, MW has less money for new attractions.

Reducing spending for FN to pay for new attractions, is putting the cart before the horse.

16 hours ago, New display name said:

1.  You can't give it a pass if you're not going.  A pass is only achieved if you attend.

Sorry can you post for me where it says that in the rules? It's a discussion, and my opinion in this discussion is i'm giving them a pass on the lack of maze spend because their effort is being put in elsewhere this year. 

Reducing spending for FN to pay for new attractions, is putting the cart before the horse.

Now where did I say they've reduced spending on the event? Now who has things back to front?

On 15/08/2024 at 7:44 AM, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

From what i've heard, mazes are largely unchanged, but the effort is going into other elements of the event.
i'm gonna cut them a break on a big IP maze spend this year.

To repeat and expand, from what i've heard, the effort is going into other elements of the event instead of spending it on a new IP. They are also building 3 new rollercoasters, which may play a factor in their budget positions also - but i've not heard nor suggested that they have a smaller FN budget this year

FN generates money, which assists in paying for new attractions.  If people don’t attend, MW has less money for new attractions.

Oh i'm aware of this. However that doesn't give them a pass for a lacklustre effort in putting the event on - they have to reinvest in things and keep standards up or people are going to demand refunds, splatter them all over the press, etc...
Actor behind woeful 'Willy Wonka' experience in Scotland speaks out:  'Genuinely life-changing'
If they drop standards and expect people to keep coming, they're going to lose eventually - as I mentioned previously:

On 15/08/2024 at 7:44 AM, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

I've been saying for years now that people are complaining about the standards dropping, but still paying money to go - the problem is as long as the money keeps rolling in, they're not going to stop cutting the standards because those who are paying them are still sending the strongest message that it's ok by giving them your money.

If you don't like what you've seen - don't buy a ticket. don't go. A drop in ticket sales is the only thing that they're going to notice.

1 hour ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

Sorry can you post for me where it says that in the rules? It's a discussion, and my opinion in this discussion is i'm giving them a pass on the lack of maze spend because their effort is being put in elsewhere this year. 

Your opinion has no weight to it.  Just meaningless words.

If you were giving them a pass you would go.

Dapto would say, “The mazes line up are the same, but I'm going anyway".  That is a pass.

I'm not going because I don't want to redo the mazes, I have already done.  That is not a pass.

1 hour ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

Now where did I say they've reduced spending on the event? Now who has things back to front?

I never said, you said, they are reducing funding.  I'm saying that.

Dusting off what you already have and not spending money on a new Maze is cost cutting.  Everything else besides a BJ costume, MW already have in the shed.