Wizard of Oz - Movie World Arkham Asylum Replacement

18 minutes ago, Naazon said:

Movieworld posted on their Facebook story they will provide a Superman Escape update "Soon". 

They already did, it's them saying Intamin's delivered the parts, describing a bit about the launch system, & confirming that the ride is testing for an opening 'ASAP'. 

https://www.instagram.com/movieworldaus/reel/C8VhRxtSCpl/?hl=en

Edited by Tricoart
  • Like 2
  • Love it! 1

On 18/6/2024 at 11:38 AM, Tricoart said:

They already did, it's them saying Intamin's delivered the parts, describing a bit about the launch system, & confirming that the ride is testing for an opening 'ASAP'. 

https://www.instagram.com/movieworldaus/reel/C8VhRxtSCpl/?hl=en

Superman has reopened(? That was quick.)

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C8YyjxIpOUS/?igsh=b2c3YXdycWR6eHYx

Edited by Tricoart

32 minutes ago, Tricoart said:

Sure has running better than ever! It’s as if they’ve restored the dark ride section, everything was working! Roadrunner has also reopened. This is awesome from the park opening rides up before their schedule maintenance end date.

11 minutes ago, New display name said:

Does anybody know if the lockers have been removed?

Was there today, they haven’t. Still the same strict loose article policy.

IMG_2757.thumb.jpeg.4293b56781834bf874a54138a61e4bd9.jpeg

Managed to get on the 2nd train of the day, it flew over the top-hat. As the day went on, it slowed down to its usual speed. Massive crowds at the ride though, basically a 45+ minute wait all day. One train very slow ops. In the rare event that FSF & SE dueled it’s actually quite cool. Also watching SE go around from the inside is quite a spectacle as well!

49 minutes ago, New display name said:

Does anybody know if the lockers have been removed?

I was there today. Lockers and station is the exact same as they were before closure. 

SE itself was working well when I rode with the only thing not working was the misters on the building openings. It did have a few brief outages during the day though. 

51 minutes ago, New display name said:

Does this mean SM will go down again this year for the fit-out or did MW tell us about the fit-out to pump up their own tyres because MW was getting bashed by customers?

They said in the video they put out a while ago, that you won't see changes when it first opens back up, but they're actively working on this process.

37 minutes ago, New display name said:

Does that mean SM closes for the 3rd time this year?

If only there was a way to see what rides will be under maintenance in advance... like a maintenance page that clearly shows accurate info about both current and future maintenance, instead of misleading/convoluted stats about current maintenance... Guess the technology just isn't there yet. /j

/srs Wouldn't be surprised if it goes down post-holidays tbh

Edited by Tricoart
  • Like 2

On 19/06/2024 at 6:03 PM, Brendo88 said:

SE itself was working well when I rode with the only thing not working was the misters on the building openings. It did have a few brief outages during the day though. 

When you got off at the unload station did you notice the person there pressing a green button while walking around the train. I did and it's the first time I've noticed it. Anyone got any clue what it is? my thought would be a dispatch button but, don't they have a panel on the wall where they do that?

On 19/06/2024 at 10:34 PM, Brad2912 said:

weighing up weather to burn the $30 per pass discount for the fact I may get more use out of it by waiting 

Renewed mine last week. I'd recommend going to the checkout page and just seeing the amount of random crap they add to your pass. I've got vouchers for all of their parks and the 12m photo pass is a nice to have. But hoping SDSC reopens before my pass expires.

• 4 weeks later...

Another social post about the ongoing development/construction process of WoO, this time focused on "Munchkinland".

image.thumb.png.219582a09f98418c5f89d83a4b5a7424.png

(Credit: Movie World's Instagram)

Also, seeing as it hasn't been posted yet, the base structure of what is assumedly Emerald City's facade has begun construction. (Credit: Jaggs Journeys' Instagram)

2147349745_Screenshot2024-07-22162009.thumb.png.84a9069ceb968fc70a268ca216dcc692.png   923677689_Screenshot2024-07-22162321.thumb.png.dc150aae8742d45fa091df40f72cae80.png

Edited by Tricoart
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, jjuttup said:

Can i paint pictures of Yosemite Sam with coloured buttons inside?

Yesterday I made a joke to someone that this was where the rotting shack from next to first aid ended up, but yours is better. the nostalgic heartstrings are torn from memories of racing to paint the whole picture, in the short refresh time you had, with such bad touchscreen accuracy that would never wash today but we all just accepted as the coolest tech ever back in the day. YOU CAN PAINT ON A SCREEN WITH YOUR FINGER!

• Like 2