Wizard of Oz - Movie World Arkham Asylum Replacement

On 13/09/2024 at 11:43 PM, Tricoart said:

Anyway, MW's said they're gonna be selling that umbrella soon, so IG that's the first known WoO merch (I've seen).

It looks like a nice umbrella. Can't wait to see what else they've dreamed up for this new land. (Will we see a coaster dynamix model like they did with Leviathan?)

On 13/09/2024 at 11:56 PM, Ogre said:

firefox_OCr9eTJGiU.thumb.png.5aca08a7907ebc10442f2ce3d7c0ee48.png

I'm sure most people understood the reference, but its still a bit weird to be objectifying the host of a teaser video wearing street clothes and construction PPE. She's not a paid model wearing a sequined gown draped over a new car specifically to appear like eye candy. The reference is dated (the episode first aired in 1993) and we've come a long way in 30 years that this level of objectification is just weird.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brad2912 said:

Not to be outdone by DW’s JR train reveal, MW have dropped a video showing an individual seat for FOTWW

https://www.facebook.com/share/r/cS39xc7Ho4TxN4Di/?mibextid=WC7FNe

Outdone by DW? Didn’t MW drop Kansas Twister trains last week and are following up with Wicked Witch, or can’t we just appreciate that two parks have new rides coming, without saying “they’re doing it because the other park did it”, guess not… 

6 minutes ago, Jokes_on_you said:

Outdone by DW? Didn’t MW drop Kansas Twister trains last week and are following up with Wicked Witch, or can’t we just appreciate that two parks have new rides coming, without saying “they’re doing it because the other park did it”, guess not… 

You are reading WAY too much into things. Chill.

• Like 1

Yeah look - truthfully both parks have been spurred on to "something" because the park across the road did "something" too. Sometimes its a media post. sometimes its a main attraction. 

There is nothing wrong with the parks competing for our attention and our dollars, and it is way better than a monopoly without direct competition. 

But the expression 'not to be outdone' is as much journalism filler as anything else you may read into it. Whether or not the park media teams are tit-fot-tatting or not, I doubt Brad was suggesting DW was first in the train reveal stakes

1 hour ago, Jokes_on_you said:

So we should expect a big announcement from VRTP after the 24th of September then?

I mean - they do need something to replace doomsday, and It makes logical sense to get Intamin to do them a deal given the doomsday issues, so I wouldn't be surprised if Village are already negotiating something with them - but announcing your next big thing before you've even opened your current construction site makes no sense - a bunch of people are no doubt holding off buying passes until the new things are open - if there's ANOTHER new thing coming, maybe I wait another 6-9-12 months until the other new exciting thing is in too?

(Honestly the dreamworld \ intamin announcement puzzles me - i can't imagine DW would want to take the shine away from Jungle Rush unless it was ABSOLUTELY necessary...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jokes_on_you said:

It’s great to see the parks fighting to attract guest and it’s 100% happening.  The rivalry pushes the parks to be better and this is great for the industry and it's great for us.  Happy days.

30 minutes ago, Tricoart said:

King Doomsday, coming 2025.

Just leave now and shut the door behind you.  /s

9 hours ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

(Honestly the dreamworld \ intamin announcement puzzles me - i can't imagine DW would want to take the shine away from Jungle Rush unless it was ABSOLUTELY necessary...

I'm guessing its an extreme thrill ride, something not family friendly so the families wanting to go to Jungle Rush will still do so as they aren't the target market.

• Thanks 1