Sea World Maintenance Schedule 2024

themagician

7 minutes ago, themagician said:

It’s been gone from the park maps, website, in-park signage/references for years!

I never noticed it was gone until tonight. Farewell Sea World Monorail a true icon in Australian Transportation History, think was the last operating monorail in Australia.

I'd assume that these 2 closures are to allow for the removal of the track around Leviathan and Jet Rescue.

image.thumb.png.cd51509985feb107e3a3829da28d3475.png

• Like 1

Sure enough the top story on news.com.au is :

"Horror as people trapped on rollercoaster"

Leviathan roller coaster, SeaWorld Gold Coast: People become stuck on trapped ride | news.com.au — Australia’s leading news site

It just makes you laugh every time, I swear they have a list of words of which at least one should be used in every headline: horror, bombshell....

Edited by downunder

13 guests on-board? That might be a new Vortex record! Jokes aside, whatever the reason for this one may be, 2 ride stoppages/faults in a week is, I'd say justifiably ATP, not a good look. People'll still over-dramatize it (hanging upside down for an hour has already been said in the 9 News stream), but the facts themselves are enough.

Edited by Tricoart

Sea World horror as passengers left trapped in mid-air chaos when ride malfunctions - Mirror

image.thumb.png.d886fe2bb5fc854513f9051e8d930c9a.png

image.thumb.png.fb56628ed52a0c93a1c146f15b2163bb.png

image.thumb.png.af5053bbad4033d1ed549f4f8cd165ad.png

Photos from 9 News

image.thumb.png.7da1011a69ccca7bc01c02382555b23d.png

From Facebook

1 hour ago, Ashley Jeffery said:

On another note what is it with VRTP and lemon flats?

From what I can recall this is really the only time Vortex has had a stoppage (in that position) that's required an evacuation. What I don't understand is the fact that Wild West Falls has one daily that requires a full 'evacuation', but as soon as something else stops it's all over the news. If Sea World didn't post this on their socials, would anyone have known?

Edited by TV15

58 minutes ago, TV15 said:

image.thumb.png.d886fe2bb5fc854513f9051e8d930c9a.png

image.thumb.png.fb56628ed52a0c93a1c146f15b2163bb.png

image.thumb.png.af5053bbad4033d1ed549f4f8cd165ad.png

Photos from 9 News

image.thumb.png.7da1011a69ccca7bc01c02382555b23d.png

From Facebook

From what I can recall this is really the only time Vortex has had a stoppage (in that position) that's required an evacuation. What I don't understand is the fact that Wild West Falls has one daily that requires a full 'evacuation', but as soon as something else stops it's all over the news. If Sea World didn't post this on their socials, would anyone have known?

If they have one daily, should that have not been addressed in the maintenance period? Maybe village should look at updating the ride maybe with a new ride system entirely. I can't think of many rides that require needing to be evacuated that quickly.

4 hours ago, Themepark Enthusist said:

If they have one daily, should that have not been addressed in the maintenance period? Maybe village should look at updating the ride maybe with a new ride system entirely. I can't think of many rides that require needing to be evacuated that quickly.

Wild West's evacuations are almost always due to guest's fucking around and doing the wrong thing.

5 hours ago, TV15 said:

What, you mean every GC news outlet posting it before Sea World did, wasn't going to make people aware of it??

4 hours ago, Themepark Enthusist said:

They did. https://themeparks.com.au/blog/wild-west-falls-maintenance

21 minutes ago, ShakeShack said:

Wild West's evacuations are almost always due to guest's fucking around and doing the wrong thing.

That's the same logic as Doomsday going 180. I've seen the ride need to be evacuated numerous times, and from my experience, it's usually a combination of events. While guests do play a part in it, with the new boats, I'd argue that it isn’t solely the guests causing the issues. If dispatches slack - and they do - the boats stack, and the whole ride system can melt down.

21 minutes ago, ShakeShack said:

What, you mean every GC news outlet posting it before Sea World did, wasn't going to make people aware of it??

As for the timing, Sea World actually posted the news first at around 3:09 PM, with the first news articles coming in at around 3:30 PM.

My question still stands,

5 hours ago, TV15 said:

If Sea World didn't post this on their socials, would anyone have known?

Edited by TV15

On 23/08/2024 at 7:27 PM, Swi said:

We just went to Dreamworld on the 22/08/24 and was disappointed 
For starters very few rides were operating, the food prices were ridiculous, there is not enough seats around the park, and most of all the park Entery fee is an absolute ripoff. when you can’t get any rides. So to be honest I wouldn’t go there again and don’t recommend anyone else to go there. 

I jokingly thought this person was a Bikash alt when it was posted, but maybe I wasn't so far off. Like, you're the COO of a dying company, and you'll continue to be whether or not 9 News reports on some faults. And, as the COO, bringing up an avoidable tragedy that occurred at a competitor's park almost 10 years ago 'cause that park is now running itself better than you ever could is low.

Edited by Tricoart
  • Like 2